This thread where you admit you like games most people on the forum dislike.

The Mario Golf series is p.awesome.

Samus Aran said:
Ghirahim said:
Yoshidude99 said:
I don't realy care if anyone hates them but I love Shadow the Hedgehog, Super Paper Mario ,Super Mario RPG and Mario Party 9.
I've never seen hate for Super Mario RPG.

i have.

Especially for people that played paper mario first. I don't like it either.
I played the Paper Mario games before playing Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars and I still enjoyed it. Might be because I generally enjoy RPGs, though.

Anyway, I forgot to mention that I also do enjoy Super Mario Galaxy 2.
Doomie said:
The Mario Golf series is p.awesome.
Even though I've only played one of the games (the one to the Gameboy Color), I have to agree with you here. They're awesome, 'nuff said.

Ghirahim said:
Samus Aran said:
Also Bayonetta.
Bayonetta 2 looks kinda cool. Is it a good series? Might pick it up.

It's a decent action game. The story is a little weird and the main character is a bit... sexual i guess, but nothing that bad compared to more horrible nasty stuff.

Anyway the battle system is really fun, lots of action, and some nice weapons to change up the fighting style of the character. It also comes with some decent challenge too.

Do note though, if you're not fast with buttons, have trouble with button inputs, and have trouble paying attention to multiple enemies you'll have a pretty hard time with the game.

I dont really because I'm used to it.

Samus Aran said:
Also Bayonetta.

If most people on the forum dislike this game, they should seriously consider just not playing video games anymore, it's probably the best action game released this generation and one of the just flat out fun games I've ever played. Sure, the main character is sexualized, but if you don't like the game for that reason, you're no better than the people who say that Nintendo sucks because of their "kiddie games"

It's good, but I easilly think ninja gaiden 2 sigma is far superior.

Both are great titles though that i recommend to about anyone.

Unless you're not very fast with reaction time or used to button inputs anyway, otherwise these games will mop the floor with you.

You could always play on Easy Automatic, but that kinda ruins the fun of practicing combos and being able to dodge quickly, at least for me that's a big part because you feel like sure a badass after you execute a well-timed Witch Time

Same, doesn't help i love doing combos all the time and well, fighting games made me be pretty dang good at this. Automatic would just be boring and would just kinda shove off the thrill of the game off the cliff so yeah.

Also I love Kid Icarus Uprising. I love the controls in the game so people need to stop complaining about them.

Yoshidude99 said:
Also I love Kid Icarus Uprising. I love the controls in the game so people need to stop complaining about them.

yeah you like the controls and if you like them everyone else has to as well!

speaking of shitty controls oblivion has really bad cobtrols. pre-modern pc game convienances like loot all, toggle free cam, true hotkey customization for spells and weapons, and poor combat controls placement. really fun game, but man is it shitty compared to modern games of its genre.

Samus Aran said:
Yoshidude99 said:

I didn't mean it like that but serious the controls aren't that bad.

Yoshidude99 said:
Samus Aran said:
Yoshidude99 said:

I didn't mean it like that but serious the controls aren't that bad.
The controls are what I'd expect, but they aren't in any way good controls, but getting used to them is really easy. However, lefties are pretty much screwed if they ever wanna play this game.

Xpike said:
The controls are what I'd expect, but they aren't in any way good controls, but getting used to them is really easy. However, lefties are pretty much screwed if they ever wanna play this game.
Wait, you mean there is no way to change the dominant hand in that game? That is really terrible.

So Explain to me why we lefties can't play.

When you're a right-handed person, you move with the analog nub, making every direction easy, but when you are a left-handed person, you need to set the game to left-handed mode, which involves moving with the ABXY buttons, so you can easily see the problem. Sure, you can buy an Analog Nub Plus or whatever it's called, but that still sucks for lefties becuase they need to use additional money in order to play.

Now for another question here, does that automatically limit your movement to just four directions? And if you use the right-handed mode, will you have complete freedom over how to move around?

Xpike said:
If most people on the forum dislike this game, they should seriously consider just not playing video games anymore, it's probably the best action game released this generation and one of the just flat out fun games I've ever played. Sure, the main character is sexualized, but if you don't like the game for that reason, you're no better than the people who say that Nintendo sucks because of their "kiddie games"
I have a right to despise the oversexualised nature of the protagonist, thank you very much.

Super Paper Mario, and Mario Party 9.

MP9 isn't that bad, IMO.

Though they were dumb with the character roster, and removed my favorite character.

(I really don't understand the lefty conversation going on, but the game in question is for 3DS and i don't even know what they look like so i'll just shut up and keep my comments to myself.)

Crocodile Dippy said:
Xpike said:
I have a right to despise the oversexualised nature of the protagonist, thank you very much.

Lol it isn't even that bad but okay.

Crocodile Dippy said:
Xpike said:
If you've played the game you've would know she isn't sexualized except for some brief moments.

Back