How long will the "DS" line last?

WigglerWhoopinWarrior135 said:
Per. (Per basically means ditto, or agreed.)

Accen?

There should be a Grammar Lesson thread, I see. ( ̄. ̄")

IMO 3ds is in the ds line, it has differant games but it is still a ds, like A GBA is part of the gameboy line, GBA to ds was a big step, 3DS is a ds, unless they do somthing wacky with the next console and has not got DS in its name,it is still a ds full stop.

>>Link_Dudette
What you say, is like saying "NES, SNES, Gameboy, and Gamecube are part of the "E" line, because they all have an "E" in their name".

DS is two words that you wouldn't put together usually. You'd hardly ever see it anywhere else.

ヤミホシ said:
>>Link_Dudette
What you say, is like saying "NES, SNES, Gameboy, and Gamecube are part of the "E" line, because they all have an "E" in their name".
no
gb,gbc and gba are all part of the same line, they have differant games and have differances but nothing drastic then they added another screen and the menu what was a massive step and made a new generation.
3ds is a dsi with differant games and 3d, the 3d is like adding coulour from gb to gbc, they are the same line so therefore the 3ds is part of the ds line, when they do somthing mad again like gba to ds then another generation of consoles will start.

>>Legend of Lily
It's the handheld line, like Nintendo would call it.

>>Herr Shyguy
"Development System" and later on "Dual Screen".
Yes, it's 2 words.

This proves me right:

What? Another version of the DS? Come on Nintendo, that's got to be the fifth now...
Nope, that's not the case. Despite the 'DS' in the name, the 3DS is not actually another version of the DS like the Lite, DSi and DSi XL were. This is a completely new system. Here's a better way to sum it up:

First gen - Game Boy / Game Boy Pocket
Second gen - Game Boy Color
Third gen - Game Boy Advance / SP
Fourth gen - DS / DS Lite / DSi / DSi XL
Fifth gen - 3DS

Source: http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=18114

It's part of the "DS" line. End of story.

Do not argue or I will castrate you.

Goddess of Death said:
This proves me right:

What? Another version of the DS? Come on Nintendo, that's got to be the fifth now...
Nope, that's not the case. Despite the 'DS' in the name, the 3DS is not actually another version of the DS like the Lite, DSi and DSi XL were. This is a completely new system. Here's a better way to sum it up:

First gen - Game Boy / Game Boy Pocket
Second gen - Game Boy Color
Third gen - Game Boy Advance / SP
Fourth gen - DS / DS Lite / DSi / DSi XL
Fifth gen - 3DS

Source: http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=18114
Their point was that it's not another DS remake. Your point is moot.

>>Herr Shyguy
That's the point we were talking about.
So it isn't moot at all.

Um, no. What we're talking about is a continuation of the DS line, not whether or not it's another DS remake.

Herr Shyguy said:
Um, no. What we're talking about is a continuation of the DS line, not whether or not it's another DS remake.

x2

I wish we could delete the whole argument about whether it is a DS or not, because I clearly stated at the beginning of the thread that the topic is to be discussed on the premise that the 3DS is part of the DS line.

per
back on topic
dont deleate it, I will lose posts and it will be even longer before I become giga bowser/chatty cathy

Mason said:
Until they release the VDS (Virtual DS), it fails horribly, they release a DSA (DS Advance) line and the creator dies.
Yep...

Back