Star Fox series

Symbol overload.

I understand why they returned to the roots, but they didn't return completely. As you may know, Command is all in-ship gameplay, but they forgot one thing: On-a-rail-omg-im-always-moving-forward was the origanol game exclusively, but command is all all-range mode, which wasnt added untill SF2, which was scrapped, meaning it still didnt officialy show up until SF64. Get what im sayin'? At all?

I prefer all-range mode, anyway. The on-rails shooter was annoying because you'd miss an enemy and lose points and health.

I've only played Star Fox Adventures myself. I want to play a Star Fox with more action in space before I make any judgments about the series.

Anyone ever hear of that weird bonus level in the original Star Fox, I think it was called "Out of This Dimension". Never seen it but I read about it, sounds really, really creepy.

Hmmm...can't say I've heard of it, but then again, can't say I've played the original Star Fox either.

Its like a parallel dimension created entirely out of paper, which constantly folds and bends into different shapes. The planets there move at superspeed all around and have laughing faces on them, the music that plays while your there is The Saints Come Marching In. Plus the boss is a giant slot machine. Atleast, thats what Wikipedia says.

Its real.
Its cool.
Real Cool.
I love that level.

Uh, there's a warp just like in SF64 but with smiley faced meteorites. The background is blobby and the enemies are like that channel on TV that doesn't work with the black and gray fuzz.

Found out something weird about The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. If you hack the game you engage in battle with an Arwing that swerves around and shoots lasers at, you can even knock it down and it explodes. It would have been messed up if that Arwing was actually in the game and not just an easter egg.

P.S. Wikipedia has pictures of Link's "great battle" with the Arwing menace at Wikipedia's article on Ocarina of Time.

I've only played adventures and I liked it quite a bit. I've played the original a bit, but it's to hard, lol. I keep up with some of the story though, and I hope Krystal returns to the star fox team....

Monty Mole said:
Any other Star Fox fans here?

I'm a fan too. I've played:

Star Fox 64
Dinosaur planet
Assault

Random info: You can buy an Arwing in Animal crossing. It's pretty rare, though.

Yoshi Mastar said:
Assault is just absolute crap.

What's wrong with Assault?

I now OWN a Starfox game. The original one! But, it's for the SNES. Is it true that 64 is a remake of the original?

Star Fox 64 was said to be a combination of the original Star Fox and the unreleased Star Fox 2. There was some new material added to it too.

Back