who got Pokemon Pearl or dimond?

I got Diamond.

It's pretty boring right now. I beat the Elite 4.

I can never get the final pokemon for the National dex thing. =[

Once you've finished everything, it can get boring. =| I wish it had more than one file! D= Damn Portable Consoles! ;_;

Pokemon DP said:
I'm trying to get all the Pokémon now, however, which is hell to do. >_>

Yeah, hu? I did it once, way back on Red. All 151 (got a hacked Mew from a friend). Till the game was stolen.

I like the untold story being set up in the background each generation. How humans are getting a little too comfortable with screwing with stuff.

And because I know someone will ask, it has to do with how humans push along evolution in Pokemon.
Example:
Generation One saw three artificial Pokemon, Mewtwo, Porygon and Eevee.
Generation Two had items that forced evolution in Porygon, Scyther and Onix.
Generation Three had that one Pokemon created to tell the weather (I forget it's name).
Generation Four had items that forced evolution in Porygon 2, Electabuzz and Magmar.

The idea is, humans are getting a little more bold each leap in technology. I wouldn't be surprised if Generation Five had another Mewtwo situation.

And, really, just look at Magmortar. What the hell? Megaman in Pokemon form? One of those let loose in an active area could screw up the ecosystem in many ways.

Ghost Jam said:
Yeah, hu? I did it once, way back on Red. All 151 (got a hacked Mew from a friend). Till the game was stolen.

I like the untold story being set up in the background each generation. How humans are getting a little too comfortable with screwing with stuff.

And because I know someone will ask, it has to do with how humans push along evolution in Pokemon.
Example:
Generation Three had that one Pokemon created to tell the weather (I forget it's name).
Generation Four had items that forced evolution in Porygon 2, Electabuzz and Magmar.

The idea is, humans are getting a little more bold each leap in technology. I wouldn't be surprised if Generation Five had another Mewtwo situation.

And, really, just look at Magmortar. What the hell? Megaman in Pokemon form? One of those let loose in an active area could screw up the ecosystem in many ways.
Well, I sorta got all the Pokémon in Pokémon Ruby Version. The only ones I didn't get, were Mew, Celebi and Deoxys, but, I don't count those, cos' I'll never EVER get them! >_> DAMN YOU, NINTENDO OF AUSTRALIA! WHY DON'T YOU HOLD THOSE SPECIAL EVENTS, LIKE JAPAN AND AMERICA DOES!? D=

I never thought of it that way. They seem to be screwing with the Pokémon way of life, and it seems to be getting worse every Generation. And, who let Tails in the Pokémon World!? (refering to Buizel. =P)

Pokemon DP said:
Ghost Jam said:

Example:

Well, I sorta got all the Pokémon in Pokémon Ruby Version. The only ones I didn't get, were Mew, Celebi and Deoxys, but, I don't count those, cos' I'll never EVER get them! >_> DAMN YOU, NINTENDO OF AUSTRALIA! WHY DON'T YOU HOLD THOSE SPECIAL EVENTS, LIKE JAPAN AND AMERICA DOES!? D=

I never thought of it that way. They seem to be screwing with the Pokémon way of life, and it seems to be getting worse every Generation. And, who let Tails in the Pokémon World!? (refering to Buizel. =P)

I once finished Blue and Red fully. Even got a shiny Golbat. =D Had to delete the data. It was corrupted.

I never go to those events. They're dumb. Seriously. You need to pay money to get a fictional monster? Nice try, Nintendo. I'm not buying it.

Ghost Jam said:
Pokemon DP said:
I'm trying to get all the Pokémon now, however, which is hell to do. >_>

Example:

Um.The Weather Pokemon is Castform.(I'm Talking About Gen III Here.)

I have Darkrai. And I didn't go to an event. Wi-Fi FTW. And I has a Phione with PKRS. Again, thanks to Wi-Fi.

And you guys that say Pokemon sucks, you haven't played it competively. Pokemon may seem like a simple catch em all game, but in reality, it's a complicated strategy game, that gets even more complicated each generation.

I'd love to use the online stuffs, but I don't have a wireless connection. I messed with it a bit while at a hotel a few months ago and it is a great feature (got me a Piplup...).

And, really, like I'm going to fork out $50 just for the adapter....

Pokemon has a Tier List. They are ranked into the following tiers: Uber, Overused, Borderline, Under-Used, and Never Used. The metagame is constantly changing so the tiers are constantly changing. It's part of what makes Pokemon the complex strategy game it is. Go to www.smogon.com and click Strategy Pokedex. It gives an analysis on each Pokemon, telling what movesets are most effective for competitive plays, what EVs to give your Pokemon, what item to give them, The current Diamond & Pearl Tier List is as followed.

Uber - These Pokemon are too powerful for Standard play, and such, have a metagame of their own.

~Arceus
~Darkrai
~Deoxys ( All Forms)
~Dialga
~Giratina
~Groudon
~Ho-oh
~Kyogre
~Latias
~Latios
~Lugia
~Manaphy
~Mew
~Mewtwo
~Palkia
~Rayquaza
~Wobbuffet

Overused - These Pokemon are powerful, but not as powerful as ubers. All Pokemon, except those in the Uber tier, are allowed to play within this tier.

~Abomasnow
~Azelf
~Blissey
~Breloom
~Bronzong
~Celebi
~Cresselia
~Donphan
~Dragonite
~Dugtrio
~Dusknoir
~Electivire
~Forretress
~Garchomp
~Gengar
~Gliscor
~Gyarados
~Heatran
~Heracross
~Hippowdon
~Infernape
~Jirachi
~Jolteon
~Lucario
~Machamp
~Magnezone
~Mamoswine
~Metagross
~Milotic
~Ninjask
~Porygon-Z
~Roserade
~Salamence
~Scizor
~Skarmory
~Snorlax
~Spiritomb
~Starmie
~Suicune
~Swampert
~Tentacruel
~Togekiss
~Tyranitar
~Umbreon
~Vaporeon
~Weavile
~Weezing
~Yanmega
~Zapdos

Borderline - These Pokemon are not as powerful as those in Overused, but they are too strong to play in Underused. As such, Borderline is simply an extension of Overused.

~Aerodactyl
~Alakazam
~Ambipom
~Arcanine
~Articuno
~Azumarill
~Blaziken
~Charizard
~Crobat
~Drapion
~Empoleon
~Entei
~Espeon
~Exeggutor
~Feraligatr
~Floatzel
~Flygon
~Gallade
~Gardevoir
~Hariyama
~Honchkrow
~Houndoom
~Jynx
~Kingdra
~Leafeon
~Lickilicky
~Ludicolo
~Magmortar
~Marowak
~Medicham
~Mesprit
~Miltank
~Mismagius
~Moltres
~Porygon2
~Raikou
~Rampardos
~Regice
~Regigigas
~Regirock
~Registeel
~Rhyperior
~Sceptile
~Shaymin
~Shedinja
~Slaking
~Slowbro
~Slowking
~Smeargle
~Staraptor
~Steelix
~Tangrowth
~Tauros
~Torterra
~Typhlosion
~Ursaring
~Uxie
~Venusaur
~Zangoose

Underused - These Pokemon are not as powerful as those in Uber, Overused, and Borderline. These Pokemon are allowed to play in higher tiers, but Pokemon of the higher tiers are not allowed in this tier. Never Used has not been made yet, so it is part of Underused for now.

~Absol
~Aggron
~Altaria
~Ampharos
~Arbok
~Ariados
~Armaldo
~Banette
~Bastiodon
~Beautifly
~Beedrill
~Bellossom
~Bibarel
~Blastoise
~Butterfree
~Cacturne
~Camerupt
~Carnivine
~Castform
~Chatot
~Cherrim
~Chimecho
~Claydol
~Clefable
~Cloyster
~Corsola
~Cradily
~Crawdaunt
~Delcatty
~Delibird
~Dewgong
~Ditto
~Dodrio
~Drifblim
~Dunsparce
~Dustox
~Electrode
~Exploud
~Farfetch'd
~Fearow
~Flareon
~Froslass
~Furret
~Gastrodon
~Girafarig
~Glaceon
~Glalie
~Golduck
~Golem
~Gorebyss
~Granbull
~Grumpig
~Hitmonchan
~Hitmonlee
~Hitmontop
~Huntail
~Hypno
~Illumise
~Jumpluff
~Kabutops
~Kangaskhan
~Kecleon
~Kingler
~Kricketune
~Lanturn
~Lapras
~Ledian
~Linoone
~Lopunny
~Lumineon
~Lunatone
~Luvdisc
~Luxray
~Magcargo
~Manectric
~Mantine
~Masquerain
~Mawile
~Meganium
~Mightyena
~Minun
~Mothim
~Mr. Mime
~Muk
~Nidoking
~Nidoqueen
~Ninetales
~Noctowl
~Octillery
~Omastar
~Pachirisu
~Parasect
~Pelipper
~Persian
~Pidgeot
~Pikachu
~Pinsir
~Plusle
~Politoed
~Poliwrath
~Primeape
~Probopass
~Purugly
~Quagsire
~Qwilfish
~Raichu
~Rapidash
~Raticate
~Relicanth
~Rotom
~Sableye
~Sandslash
~Scyther
~Seaking
~Seviper
~Sharpedo
~Shiftry
~Shuckle
~Skuntank
~Solrock
~Spinda
~Stantler
~Sudowoodo
~Sunflora
~Swalot
~Swellow
~Torkoal
~Toxicroak
~Tropius
~Unown
~Venomoth
~Vespiquen
~Victreebel
~Vigoroth
~Vileplume
~Volbeat
~Wailord
~Walrein
~Whiscash
~Wigglytuff
~Wormadam
~Wormadam-G
~Wormadam-S
~Xatu

This is only the current tier list, and is subject to change at anytime.

I have Pearl, and it rules!!!! I have a level 92 Empoleon, which rules my team. I'm trying to level my weak pokemon (I did with a Ralts at level 4, and its now a Gallade, level 24. Usually I do the Elite Four... I wish they used the Pokemon League (TV Series)

MegaMario9910 said:
I have Pearl, and it rules!!!! I have a level 92 Empoleon, which rules my team. I'm trying to level my weak pokemon (I did with a Ralts at level 4, and its now a Gallade, level 24. Usually I do the Elite Four... I wish they used the Pokemon League (TV Series)

Ewww, the TV show's gotten worse after the first season. D:

True, I rather watch Johto, but that new region I'm starting to like

P.S: I watched the marathon yesterday.

I got the day it came out ;D

PaperStriker said:
Pokemon DP said:
PaperStriker said:
MegaMario9910 said:
Pokemon DP said:
mario#1fan said:
I didn't get it the day it came out ;D
Same. :eek:
Same. :D
Same.

No, I won't buy a 4th gen game. If the 5th gen Pokémon go heavily uphill I might buy a new one.
Why won't you buy Diamond or Pearl? :-\
4th gen = crap

Is it becuase you read every post? For instance... you said you didn't have any of the forth generation games...

And in my Pokemon game, I have around 180 Pokemon. And the GTS thing is... slightly anoyying... (Lv. 1 Magikarp for a Suicine. WTC!?! Srsly...)

Should my friend I get these games? We played the hell out of R/B/Y back in the day, and got G/S, but never fully finished those. We didn't bother with R/S at all, since we were tired of Pokemon at that point, but I opted to buy LG since it was a remake of the originals. As someone who hasn't really kept up with Pokemon too much, would I (or my friend) still enjoy these new games?

Hmm... I don't, but if a Platinum comes out, I might consider buying it. (Oh noes, my first Pokemon game at last? :eek:)

Back