Explaining Kirby Lore. [SPOILERS EVERYWHERE]

Mario Fan

Mario
Pronouns
He/Him
  • Note: This is extremely open to change.
  • I will be mentioning some of my own theories and headcanons, but I will make sure to note them as such.
  • Some of this isn't completely confirmed, but instead heavily implied. Some of this might be proven incorrect, but this stuff is extremely close to canon.
  • I am not an complete expert, and I will make mistakes. I actively encourage pointing out my mistakes.
  • NOTES ABOUT THE ANIME: King Dedede isn't evil, Kirby being a baby is exclusive to the anime, Kirby is shown talking in most other media, and Nightmare isn't the main antagonist. The Voices aren't confirmed to be canon.
First Let's introduce our hero.
Kirby is the main protagonist of Kirby.
Kirby is a pink round creature with red feet, rosy cheeks, and blue eyes, but this can change with abilities. Kirby's gender is unknown, but they are referred to with masculine pronouns in the West, and I will be doing the same. Kirby's height varies from 3 inches to 2'1.
Kirby is a Jolly Fellow. He is noted to be Kind, Forgiving, and an all around nice guy. Kirby is a bit stupid, easy to trick, a glutton, and bad at reading. Kirby is mostly seen sleeping, eating, or being with his friends.
Kirby is noted to have infinite power, and can back that claim up. Feats include: Punching a planet in half, Hitting a meteor several hundred light years away in a matter of seconds though several planets, defeating Marx after he wished for control over Dreamland, Defeating Star Dream a wish granting clockwork star, Defeating Void Termina a planet destroying being of pure darkness, and being cute.
Let's continue.
Dreamland is the first Kirby game, so I lacks much in terms of lore. However, It does introduce several important character with King Dedede, Whispey Woods, Kracko, and the Dees.
King Dedede is the Villain of Dreamland. He stole all the food and the stars that make more. After being completely embarrassed by Kirbo he demands a rematch, which we see in the extra mode of Dreamland. After losing again D3 cries about it and sadly leaves, with Kirby already forgiving him.
Kirby's Adventure is next. Once again light on the lore, but this game introduces Meta Knight.
Dedede, having had a change of heart after Kirby forgave him, notices his kingdom tormented by Nightmare, a being who causes nightmares. He seals him in the Fountain of Dreams, shatters the Star Rod, a magic rod that causes dreams, and gives to pieces to his goons/friends. Kirby only sees D3 swimming in the fountain and assumes Triple De is being evil again, so he beats him up. Dedede begs Kirby to not insert the rod, but Kirby is not amused. Nightmare is freed, but Kirby beats him up with the Star Rod.
You still here? Good.
These games pretty much tell the same story, so I'm grouping them together. Kirby with the help of Rick, fish, and Koo stop Dedede from being evil. However, Dedede isn't evil he's possessed. So you rip Dark Matter Swordsman out of him and kill him the with the Rainbow Sword. In 3 you gain three new animals, Cat, Small bird, and Slime. Gooey, a good piece of dark matter, comes along. King Dedede is possessed again, and you now kill Zero, The source of Dark Matter, with the Love Love Stick. You also rip out it's pupil. This will be important.

Last edited:
Update 1

Update 2 is here. This one covers adventure 2 and 3.

Back