Database Errors

Xzelion

Join us in the shadows where we stand vigilant...
Retired Wiki Staff
Am I the only one getting them? :-\

Brie Loader said:
No, it happens all the time. Not happening for me right now, though...

I see, it's pissing me off though...

Brie Loader said:
Never mind, it is happening to me. :|

You jinxed yourself.

I get them pretty much on a daily basis. Some days, they last for hours, while other days it's just for a few minutes. I think it has something to do with our outdated version of MediaWiki.

This one has been lasting for about all morning. Maybe its some SQL extension giving us a hard time, (although I don't know much about SQL).

Think maybe it's a bad server? On top of the constant database errors, I've also noticed that articles always take a lot longer to load than pages on other web sites. ???

Is the wiki still...down? It hasn't loaded for me for almost 2 whole days.

$†øøߥ said:
Is the wiki still...down? It hasn't loaded for me for almost 2 whole days.

It works, you just got banned by Steve for power abuse.

Aye. This is seriously gonna kill us. <_> Either that, or our images are being used on other websites. Most notably hotliinking. Those things are sucking our bandwidths. :< http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotlinking However, I think someone disagreed my suggestion, I think it's Steve. D: Mmm.

I know. And on top of that and the aforementioned "Database Errors" this thread was built around, I've had pages outright refuse to load, too. I spent about a half hour or so just now refeshing an article every so often to see if I'd actually get something other than the 404 error before it showed me the article.

Yes i t has been taking a long time to load, more than any other site...
I'm using Firefox.

It could be that we might only be on one server, so we might be overloading it...if we had multiple servers however to spread the server load, maybe that might improve its stability.

Neurario said:
It could be that we might only be on one server, so we might be overloading it...if we had multiple servers however to spread the server load, maybe that might improve its stability.
I was just thinking that. Steve has several sites on one server, so that would cause a lot of problems. Maybe the forums should be on another server -- if he can get another one.

I don't think the traffic of the forums matter much, considering the activity in here compared to the activity of the wiki. The database of the wiki itself is pretty slow. When you edit very long articles like Super Smash Bros. Brawl entirely (not just subsections), the submitting takes ages.

The wiki is running unbearably slow now. For the past 2-3 days, every time I try to save a page after editing, do a rollback, block someone, or anything like that, the page refuses to load. It'll act like it's going to save a change I make, but the session just gets timed out.

I'd like to note that it can't be my browser, since I'm using the same one I always have. Furthermore, I can still access pages -- I just can't change them.

Anyone else having this problem? I'd like to get back to editing sometime this month. :-\

$†øøߥ said:
The wiki is running unbearably slow now. For the past 2-3 days, every time I try to save a page after editing, do a rollback, block someone, or anything like that, the page refuses to load. It'll act like it's going to save a change I make, but the session just gets timed out.

I'd like to note that it can't be my browser, since I'm using the same one I always have. Furthermore, I can still access pages -- I just can't change them.

Anyone else having this problem? I'd like to get back to editing sometime this month. :-\
I, but not so drastic. i can edit but extremely slowly

Back