GameCube Disc reading error.

Doomhiker

Bullet Bill
Wiki Patroller
'Shroom Consultant
I recently bought a used copy of Mario Kart: Double Dash!! However, after playing for ~45 seconds (generally when the number 1 is on the countdown the disc reading error message shows. I take the disc out and put it back in, the game resumes for ~10 second until playing the error again. Note the just before the error appears the disc stops spinning (which you can hear). Mind that this is on an original GameCube, and the I played other games such as Super Monkey Ball 2 and Super Smash Bros. Melee on it without any problems, so it is likely the disc's fault. How should I fix it?

Try to get it refunded or exchanged. If you just recently bought it then it should be the fault of the previous owner and you should be entitled to a refund.

Try to get it refunded or exchanged. If you just recently bought it then it should be the fault of the previous owner and you should be entitled to a refund.
That's what I will likely do, but I want to see if I can make it work first.

Not really (The back looks different in the photo)

Attachments

• IMG_3169.JPG
    IMG_3169.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_3170.JPG
    IMG_3170.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 432
Give it a cleaning, there's a bunch of instructions on how to online

Doublecheck that your cube is still working by confirming the other games still play

If the cube is fine and the disc still doesnt play, shits broke and likely unfixable

Back