The Poll Committee is looking for members!

Lord Bowser

listen
Banned User
Hello everyone! I'm Lord Bowser, your newly-elected Poll Committee Chairperson, here along with my Vice-Chairman, Tucayo. We are looking for members, new or veterans, to join the Eighth Poll Committee for 2017-2018.

This year is going to be quite a bit more busy for the Poll Committee, with working on the community surveys mentioned in my campaign, along with an ambitious new project. Suggested by our own Awards Director Anton, this project would be an analysis of the Awards Ceremony polls, in a similar vein to the Poll Committee Discussion section in The 'Shroom. I would love to take this on, but I am aware of the highly increased workload this would bring. As such, we will be calling for eight users to join this year's committee, as opposed to the usual seven.

Potential applicants will need an autoconfirmed wiki account, as well as being dedicated, cooperative, creative, and active; we will be more stringent in activity this year among the Committee members due to the increased workload. If you're interested in applying for the Eighth Poll Committee, please send an application PM to both Tucayo and myself, with the following information;

• A brief paragraph on why you're interested in applying, along with any relevant details.
  • A sample poll idea; a question relevant to Mario or Nintendo, with a maximum of 10 distinct options.
    • This sample poll may not be a duplicate of an Awards Ceremony poll.

We will be accepting applications until July 14th, 2017, at 11:59 PM EDT. We will then announce eight selected applicants as members of the Eighth Poll Committee in Issue 124 of The 'Shroom, in the Poll Chairperson Address. We wish all potential applicants the best of luck!

The application window has now closed. We received a record high number of applications this year; thank you all for your outpouring of enthusiasm! The selected applicants will be announced hopefully tomorrow in Issue 124 of The 'Shroom, in the Poll Chairperson Address, and will receive access to our underground board soon after. Stay tuned for more!

As you may have read in The 'Shroom, the Eighth Poll Committee has now officially begun its term! Congratulations to all of our new members;
  • DragonFreak
  • LudwigVon
  • Packy
  • Roserade
  • Shokora
  • Stargazing
  • Superchao
  • The Pyro Guy
This is going to be an excellent year for all of us! We'll be sure to continue bringing you top-quality polls, along with other exciting projects! :bowser:

The Poll Committee is accepting applications again!

We will need someone to fill an upcoming vacancy. We will be looking for activity, cooperation, dedication, and creativity in all of our applicants. If you are interested, please send an application PM to both myself and Tucayo containing the following information;
  • A brief paragraph on why you're interested in applying, along with any relevant details.
  • A sample poll idea; a question relevant to Mario or Nintendo, with a maximum of 10 distinct options.
    • This sample poll may not be a duplicate of an Awards Ceremony poll.
The deadline for all applications will be Thursday, December 21, at 9:00 PM PST (12:00 AM EST), and an applicant will be chosen a week later to serve for the rest of the 8th Poll Committee's term. Best of luck to all incoming applicants! :bowser:

The application window has now closed. The Poll Committee will deliberate internally and announce a member within the next week. Thank you for your enthusiasm in applying!

After some deliberation, the 8th Poll Committee has arrived to a final decision. We would like to welcome Fun With Despair onto our team for the rest of the term! Congratulations, FWD!

We would still like to thank all of our applicants for their enthusiasm in applying, and we wish FWD the best in working with us!

Back