SFX Sample Information?

CM30

Koopa Troopa
As you may have seen on Wario Forums, I tracked down the source for the voice clips used in the title song:

http://warioforums.com/index.php?threads/someone-tracked-down-the-wario-land-4-voice-samples.2030/

And it's got me thinking; would this sort of information be relevant on Mario Wiki? I mean, I could add it to the trivia section on the Wario Land 4 page, but is there any better place to put stuff like this?

Would anyone care to know say, where the samples for a song came from? Or for that matter, where other resources like that used in Mario games were from? Like say, the fonts used for text or stock images used as backgrounds or icons?

What does anyone else think here?

As I said in my recent reply there (about time I've joined WF, after lurking for so long), this is so amazingly cool! It was super surreal to hear the raw vocal for the first time.

I'd love to see the wiki cover the license-free audio samples which the WL4 production team used. The information which you've tracked down already (the album and website name, how it was produced in the UK, most-likely name of the female singer-though that could easily be confirmed with the track number on the album), would already make an informative paragraph. But arrgh, hopefully we find where the rest of the raw samples came from too!.

As for where the information could be placed, within a Trivia section would seem suitable. Though it wouldn't be out of place in a Development section either. But I've never seen any information on the overall development of WL4, nothing similar to a staff interview or the likes. Have you ever come across something before, CM30?

YoshiKong said:
As I said in my recent reply there (about time I've joined WF, after lurking for so long), this is so amazingly cool! It was super surreal to hear the raw vocal for the first time.

I'd love to see the wiki cover the license-free audio samples which the WL4 production team used. The information which you've tracked down already (the album and website name, how it was produced in the UK, most-likely name of the female singer-though that could easily be confirmed with the track number on the album), would already make an informative paragraph. But arrgh, hopefully we find where the rest of the raw samples came from too!.

As for where the information could be placed, within a Trivia section would seem suitable. Though it wouldn't be out of place in a Development section either. But I've never seen any information on the overall development of WL4, nothing similar to a staff interview or the likes. Have you ever come across something before, CM30?

I haven't came across anything before, no. An interview with the composer would be great here, assuming he says anything about where the samples came from.

Back