The mysterious 2010 hand drawn artwork that went used even in the Encyclopedia

Mister Wu

King Bowser
Wiki Administrator
MarioWiki
Mister Wu
Today I tried creating a table for the NAP-02 deck (dated 2010, for the 25th anniversary of Super Mario Bros., and containing hand drawn artwork) and it turns out that many images were missing or have the wrong shading.

But the most surprising thing is that some artwork featured is actually the same artwork that emerged in 2015, both in the TV Video Game Magazine Coloring Book and in the Encyclopedia Super Mario Bros.! We can see this clearly in the case of Bowser and Bowser Jr.. So, I strongly suspect that a full set of hand drawn artwork was made in that year to cover pretty much all characters (the Kooaplings, Bowser Jr. and Bowser on an Airship was probably drawn in the same time frame and, as a consequence, the Koopalings artworks might have been done in the same set, as they are very similar to the Koopalings of the Airship artwork).

At this point, my question is: apart from the artwork used in the cards, should we try to obtain full coverage of this set of artworks? What could we do to attain this goal?

Back