My Wii refuses to connect to a 2nd Wiimote

freakworld

El Psy Kongroo
Banned User
Hey.

So I haven't played a 2-player game on my 2007 Wii for a long time (I only have 2 Wiimotes anyways).

When I tried to play NSMBW with a friend today I found out that for some reason my Wii does not stay connected to the second Wiimote anymore. No matter in what order I connect them, the 2nd Wiimote always just stays connected for about 2 seconds and then apruptly disconnects (like before the battery gets shown on the wii menu screen but I can already press buttons).

Both Wiimote's batteries are fully charged and they work perfectly fine one-at-a-time.

Even on the Wii U and on its Wii mode they work perfectly fine.

And no it doesn't seem to be a matter of synchronization with the Wii U/Wii because they work but not both at the same time.

The last time I tried it was in 2012 (I think) and back then it worked fine.

Does anyone know what could be the matter? The last thing I recently did was the Wii -> Wii U system transfer, but I doubt that got anything to do with it.

Have you tried connecting the second Wii Remote after starting the game, via the add Wii Remote menu?

That's the only way it even remotely works. (like I've stated above, it lasts approx 2 seconds)

i tried literally everything. If it's an error with the bluetooth adapter of the Wii there isn't anything I could do either :/

Okay either I'm incredibly stupid or my Wii is really beginning to act weird.

I tried it again yesterday and then it worked perfectly fine.

MODS PLZ LOCK

Back