Hints at the next Handheld Consoles control layout

3D Player 2004

Your local Luigi, Daisy, Yoshi, and Diddy Kong fan
Banned User
I have noticed something that might hint at our next Handheld Console layout.
So we have the following information:
The NES and GB had the same D-Pad, Control Stick, Button numbers and very similar layouts.
Same goes with the SNES and DS.
So this might say something about our next Handheld Controller.
Basically; Every other Handheld has the same Control Stick, D Pad, and Buttons and a very similar layout to a TV Console.
Either 1 of 2 things will happen.
A pattern will be broken.
or
For the next Handheld Console, the left will stay the same and the right will gain 2 more top Buttons and another back Button.
Discuss

I don't know about anybody else, but I want handhelds to go back to the technology of the GBA.

DragonFreak said:
Because I love the BGA and touch screens and 3d are unnecessary gimmicks.

too bad the best games really dont rely on touch screens or 3d.

3D Player 2004 said:
For the next Handheld Console, the left will stay the same and the right will gain 2 more top Buttons and another back Button.

What do you mean "another" back button?

Farkles14 said:
3D Player 2004 said:

What do you mean "another" back button?
I think they're talking about the shoulder buttons?

小龙怪 said:
I don't know about anybody else, but I want handhelds to go back to the technology of the GBA.

I agree, some of my most fondest gaming memories come from that era of handhelds. There was so much of a thrill when you bought a new GBA cartridge. It was like having a Super Nintendo in your pocket.

小龙怪 said:
Because I love the BGA and touch screens and 3d are unnecessary gimmicks.
....so you want nintendo's next handheld console to go back to gameboy technology just because 3d and touchscreen gimmicks are unnecessary?

Junketsu said:
小龙怪 said:
Yes. Also nostalgia. Also, I hate hinges. Don't judge.

Does that mean you hate doors?

小龙怪 said:
Dr. Javelin said:
DragonFreak said:
I hate hinges. So very much.
so you hate doors...?
Don't even get me started.

小龙怪 said:
Glaceon said:
How do you feel about sliding doors?
Uh, sliding doors are freaking amazing Like opening and closing them are smooth, and it takes up less room in some circumstances.

I like how recently I asked a similar thing.

They're probably going to use the 3DS's layout with new buttons and potential start/select button relocations since they're hard to press
@DF's second post: The BackGround Advance

@ DragonFreak

They could just design the next handheld after the Vita's simplistic style, minus the back touch screen and you've got quite potentially the most ground-breaking handheld since the GBA.

Back