Terraria PvP: Trigem Arena

It was a lot of fun yesterday, thank you all for stopping by. We'll see if we can try to get another match up whenever. I'm going to acknowledge the bad parts and see if we can work out solutions.

First off, the server had a serious lag issue, especially when it got to more than 6 players. This made it borderline unplayable because combat was so inaccurate and unpredictable, gems would literally glitch out of existence, and it took far too long to open chests as well as pick up items. Not sure if TFP can do anything about this, but 3v3 may have to be the limit if we do anything more than just playtest matches.

Gems would duplicate or get deleted all the time because players would die while holding them in the chest menu. We attempted to resolve this by simply having the gems be dropped where the chests are, but this lead to a victory by one team by having someone literally die on top of the pedestal carrying all 3. The next resolution would be have 3 separate pedestals at the side for all of the gems, but this makes it incredibly easy to stop a capture. Requires a bit of playtesting to see if it is practical.

So far, the game meta is mostly balanced between Melee, Magic, and Ranger, or at the very least, everyone uses all and people generally want one of each to balance the team's strengths. A problem I noticed is that some people would bring a lot of end-game weapons that favor every type and contradict their own build's focus, so I'm somewhat considering having a limit on the amount of weapons you can bring to the match, as well. This might help to limit the power of those with access to a lot of end-game gear against those who don't, too.

Also, no one pushes Top after the game's opening sequence. Probably because it takes more thought to move into than just moving in your enemy's direction, unlike Mid and Bot, but a lot of gem runners got away by just running up there. In general, teams seem to be pretty uncoordinated with holding and positioning, but I imagine it would get better if it was possible to have more matches.

yea it was great, thanks everyone for stopping by, i hope you all had fun.
about the lag, i dont know if i could really do anything about that, probably just my internet since we were connected from large distances apart.

the lag also made gems dissapear or duplicate, which was really annoying and we couldnt predict who won or not.

regardless, it was a nice little game and i hope we can fix these issues to have the best one possible in the future

Well, I've collected most wings now (oh come on, it is not the most macabre terraria hobby ever don't look at me like i'm a monster) in singles though I might be able to obtain some doubles. pick a wing set, i'll try and harvest it by next time you find dawnsky online. add me on steam too. good doge

Falkner said:
(oh come on, it is not the most macabre terraria hobby ever don't look at me like i'm a monster)

youre trying too hard, guilmon

Back