so i thought, what the hell, why not, i'll make one

so um

wrestling

discuss it i guess

Otachi said:
Wresting's fake

*leaves thread*
You-dont-say.jpg

I LOVE PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING!!!!! One of the greatest forms of media on the planet.

I watched WWE as a kid but it's edginess really overstayed its welcome and I think a lot of people just stopped watching it after a while back then.

A friend of mine got into WWE around 2013 and I jumped back into it and have been big into Professional Wrestling ever since.

WWE is a good starting point. It's easy to find and there's some great talent working with them. Unfortunately it's a big mess. When it's good, it's damn good, but it's mostly just really bad storytelling that makes no sense when you try and connect it night to night. Hell, even some of the storytelling doesn't even make sense in the context of the same show. Really unfortunate that they have some of their best talent ever and just can't seem to figure out what to do with them.

So I haven't kept too close an eye on WWE recently. I've since turned my eyes to NJPW, the KING OF SPORTS. The first show I watched was Wrestle Kingdom 9 in 2015. I think it was their first show you could get on American PPV? What an experience! It's got some theatrics (which is good, I love the theatrics behind wrestling) but is for the most part pure wrestling, and GOOD wrestling at that. Unfortunately I didn't keep up with them much until last year. Wrestle Kingdom 11 was my real starting point and it was better than WK9 in every way, which is tough to do since 9 was a phenominal show to begin with. Since then I haven't been able to look away from NJPW too long, the storytelling and quality of wrestling and talent is just unbelievable right now. It's like I'm living in a golden age of wrestling.

Back