COLLAB: Get rid of Images' redirects

Dashbot

BREEE
As per:
Megadardery said:
Important thing to do is check for redirects as linking to redirects of images WILL NOT BE COUNTABLE on the image itself check this for File:SMS_ScuttleBug.JPG :posh:
and :
Walkazo said:
Good point.

And that's why anyone moving images around MUST update the links and then mark the redirect for deletion, and try to keep image moving to a minimum to begin with: most renames I've seen are really frivolous...
I think all image redirects should be deleted, however first, the image redirects MUST BE FIXED FIRST in the articles before deleting/marking them with {{delete|Unnecessary redirect}}. Some images may be used on other users' userspace. But I think those can just be ignored

EDIT: and while we are cleaning, we may rename other images to better names

For a list of Image redirects, see here

As a general notice, don't tag files/redirects for deletion if you haven't replaced all links you could.

Expanding on what Tucayo said, please disregard any file links to userspace other than your own: it's not worth the trouble to try and update them all. Thanks!

I know this is a month after the last post, but would it be an idea to add File Redirects into the Specials Pages page under Maintenance reports?

I thought of that earlier, just put this request on Requesting edits for locked pages.

However: I just came to that. right now, image redirects are shown in the File's Image Usage.. so this Collab won't be active

I've just gone and put the delete tag on all of them there, so it's done, for now

Back