Collab: Intro standards for subpages

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the point is to make it specific, since some glitches occur in both the original and the remake. However, I did come up with another possible wording:

This is a list of glitches that only occur in the game ''[[insert name]]''. For a list of glitches that are exclusive to the original ''[[insert name]]'' or occur in both versions of the game, see [[insert name|here]].
More flowly, I think.

Using "reissue" instead of "remake" in the explanatory text makes sense, and I'll change the draft accordingly.

Squawks the Parrot said:
Looks good Walkazo, but I feel that there is a missing word in one of the sentences:

Different types of pages have slightly different wording, which allow for some variation while also maintaining consistency across all the ex-subpages and galleries.
I'll fix this too.

I coded the outline and put it in the draft in my earlier post. I made the Galleries guide a bit more straightforward and changed "[[insert name|here]]" to "[[insert link|here]]", but otherwise it's the same as my post on page 1 of the thread (I think).

Unless anyone objects in the meantime, I'll update MW:SP tomorrow afternoon (I'd do it now but I'm too sleepy).

EDIT: Aaaand, done (except the link to MW:Galleries, as that page isn't made yet).

Neat! I didn't comment this morning because I didn't have anything to say against it.

I'll do the beta elements pages, unless someone else wants to.

Oh guess! I come into the game "Donkey Kong":
What about:

This is a gallery of images pertaining to the game ''[[Donkey Kong (game)|Donkey Kong]]''. For a gallery of images about [[Donkey Kong]] himself, see [[Gallery:Donkey Kong|here]].
For games like Yoshi, Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr.

And for the character's page:
This is a gallery of images featuring [[Donkey Kong]]. For a gallery of images about the [[Donkey Kong (game)|game with the same name]], see [[Gallery:Donkey Kong (game)|here]]

Gallery:DK should definitely have a link to the game, but I dunno if there's much point going the other way. But I'm probably being too frugal.

EDIT: Yeah, do it both ways. Might as well.

Finished up the Beta Elements, just two questions. First of all (this one might be a bit irrelevant), should Drill Bit on Template:BetaElements be in italics? EVen though it's not an actual game, neither is Face to Mario, and it's italicized in the template. Second, th beta lists for Six Golden Coins (List_of_Super_Mario_Land_2:_6_Golden_Coins_beta_elements), Mario is Missing! (List_of_Mario_is_Missing!_beta_elements), and Mario's Tennis (List_of_Mario's_Tennis_beta_elements) all contain just one beta element, so are they supposed to read "This is the beta element of the game [[insert name]]"?

Drift said:
Finished up the Beta Elements, just two questions. First of all (this one might be a bit irrelevant), should Drill Bit on Template:BetaElements be in italics? EVen though it's not an actual game, neither is Face to Mario, and it's italicized in the template.
I'd consider tech demos italic worthy, but perhaps wait for some additional input.

Drift said:
Second, th beta lists for Six Golden Coins (List_of_Super_Mario_Land_2:_6_Golden_Coins_beta_elements), Mario is Missing! (List_of_Mario_is_Missing!_beta_elements), and Mario's Tennis (List_of_Mario's_Tennis_beta_elements) all contain just one beta element, so are they supposed to read "This is the beta element of the game [[insert name]]"?
The pages are still a "list", which should still count once point pages. We wouldn't change the title pluralization and rename the pages to "Mario is Missing beta element", so we shouldn't change the standard pluralization in the intro either.

Squawks the Parrot said:
Drift said:
Finished up the Beta Elements, just two questions. First of all (this one might be a bit irrelevant), should Drill Bit on Template:BetaElements be in italics? EVen though it's not an actual game, neither is Face to Mario, and it's italicized in the template.
I'd consider tech demos italic worthy, but perhaps wait for some additional input.
Yeah, I believe that tech demos worth italic title, but Drill Bit doesn't

Squawks the Parrot said:
Drift said:
Second, th beta lists for Six Golden Coins (List_of_Super_Mario_Land_2:_6_Golden_Coins_beta_elements), Mario is Missing! (List_of_Mario_is_Missing!_beta_elements), and Mario's Tennis (List_of_Mario's_Tennis_beta_elements) all contain just one beta element, so are they supposed to read "This is the beta element of the game [[insert name]]"?
The pages are still a "list", which should still count once point pages. We wouldn't change the title pluralization and rename the pages to "Mario is Missing beta element", so we shouldn't change the standard pluralization in the intro either.
Why not merging them to the article itself?. Just like the galleries.

EDIT: @YK please add {{Abandoned}} to Gallery:Featured_Images.

The style seems to be italicizing the Tech Demos (Tech Demo), but yeah, Drill Bit is an enemy and shouldn't be italicized.

If there's one or two (or even three) entries, it's not worth giving it a subpage (nor it is really a proper list anyway). Just merge 'em into the article, which also deals with the Empty Section problem at the same time - two birds with one stone. Then update the nav template to link to the section of the article. I've already done this for the small Glitch lists.

Walkazo said:
If there's one or two (or even three) entries, it's not worth giving it a subpage (nor it is really a proper list anyway). Just merge 'em into the article, which also deals with the Empty Section problem at the same time - two birds with one stone. Then update the nav template to link to the section of the article. I've already done this for the small Glitch lists.
I added the content of the beta pages to their respective articles and tagged them (beta lists) for deletion.

I guess I'll do the quotes pages, which are all that's left (unless anyone else wants to)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back