Collab: Revert all Images with bad Transparent

Dashbot

BREEE
Earlier, I have seen lots of bad Transparent been added to Images (I also added some). Even File:Mushroom2.PNG which is one of the most used images has bad transparent File:Transparent_Tester.jpg here is a proof.

We just can't stay and ignore all those Images. And I can't just do this big job myself!

Here is some few examples from Paper Mario series:
File:Mushroom2.PNG
File:Mario_Thinking_PM2.png
File:Cortez.png
File:TreasureChestPM2.png
File:PM Bombette.png
File:Parakarry.gif
File:Bow.png
File:Watt.gif
File:Sushie.gif
File:Lakilester.gif

You may not see the white pixels easily, so that I made User:Megadardery/Transparent_Tester which is a small portable program that will help you seeing those white pixels.
Whenever there is an major update in the program, I will post it here.

What we will have to do is either: 1# find a better image., 1# Replace the transparent pixels with white pixels.

You may discuss about the Images here, however please discuss about the program itself on this page: User talk:Megadardery

Is it really that important?

You mean you wouldn't mind image without pure transparent?!

Ok, then if this is the case, I would add non-pure transparent to every image. Is this really what you want?

It may be not really Important but we can't ignore this.

Can you provide a new link to your program? You linked to http://www.mariowiki.com/Transparent_Tester and it doesn't exist.

Also, I think this is kinda important.

Megadardery said:

Ok, then if this is the case, I would add non-pure transparent to every image. Is this really what you want?

Dude, you can hardly see those pixels anyway unless the picture is really big or you zoom in. It's perfectly possible to ignore it.

Megadardery said:

There's really no need for you to react so... extremely.

Time Turner said:
Megadardery said:

There's really no need for you to react so... extremely.
Agreed.

Megadardery said:

No, just because someone may be against the goals of this collab. thread, it does not necessarily mean that they believe doing the exact opposite is best. I agree with Time Turner, in the sense that I am neutral on the course of action which is necessary. Users may have a different view on what may be "good" transparency or not. It's a subject of widespread disagreement when it comes to looking for "poor" transparent image revisions. And a majority of these discrepancies lead to upload warring (a prime example is here).

Personally, I wouldn't encourage everyone to nitpick at every image that may be of "poor" transparency. Reverting those that happened within a short timespace is okay, especially when the user is informed of our standards. But again, I feel that it's better if we focus on more important things, rather than trying to comb for every image which may have imperfect transparency. But, that is only my opinion.

Mr. Game & Watch said:
Dude, you can hardly see those pixels anyway unless the picture is really big or you zoom in. It's perfectly possible to ignore it.
No, Even as "200px", I can still see those white pixels in this image

And, I said it is not very Important.

YoshiKong said:
Personally, I wouldn't encourage everyone to nitpick at every image that may be of "poor" transparency. Reverting those that happened within a short timespace is okay, especially when the user is informed of our standards.
I agree with that and I'm thinking about making this Collab for discussing about Transparent Images and reverting recently reuploaded images with transparent.

I think than rather than remove any transparency, we should try to enhance the transparency if we can.

why do we need edited-to-be-transparent images in the first place? in my opinion, it would be better to just have images with official transparency and leave the images with backgrounds alone

Per Turboo. I could have sworn a proposal passed about that, but I'm not sure.

I also agree with Turboo. We should not encourage users to try and give images good transparency to artworks, because the edges may have to be edited just so the white outline doesn't appear, and thus eradicating the original artwork. Unless an official transparent version of an image is obtained, ones with backgrounds should remain as-is, the way I see it.

Mario4Ever said:
Per Turboo. I could have sworn a proposal passed about that, but I'm not sure.
Would be referring to this one?

Back