Request: Official enemy name

Shoko

Dry Bowser
Wiki Bureaucrat
'Shroom Consultant
MarioWiki
Shokora
Is anyone able to find out the official name for this enemy who appears in the game Yoshi Topsy-Turvy? It might say in the instruction manual, but I mistakenly threw out my own copy years ago.

YTT-Unnamed_Spike_Creature.png

YTT-Unnamed_Spike_Creature_Screenshot.png

Oh God, while I don't have the game anymore, I think I have the instruction manual laying somewhere around at home. I'll hunt for it, and I'll see if there's anything that states its official name.

Thanks! Let me know how you go.

shouldn't we have an article for unnamed purple enemy you know just make something up till we find the official name

Hmm that's a shame. Well we can go with an conjectural title for now. There's no official guide that I know of.

Walkazo does the manual give proper names for Yoshi's transformations? The article currently calles them "Ship Yoshi, "Balloon Yoshi", etc. But I saw on another website that they were called "Yoshi-Ship", "Yoshi-Balloon".

In the headers, the names are "Hot-Air Balloon", "Yoshi Ship" and "Yoshi Boat". (But also note that the paragraphs just say "Yoshi [can] transform into a balloon, a ship, or some other vehicle", "When Yoshi turns into a hot-air balloon..." and "Yoshi ... turns into a ship or boat ... the Yoshi boat" - note lowercase.)

Okay, Yoshi Ship and Yoshi Boat are definite then. Also does it mention this transformation (on the article it's called "Ball Yoshi").

YTT-Ball_Yoshi_Artwork.PNG

Thanks for doing this Walkazo.

Sadly, it doesn't include that one at all.

No prob: I've got a pile of manuals and scans, and I'm always happy to put 'em to use.

Oh snap why didn't I think of this before; take a look at the official Japanese website which is where I got the artworks. May I please request a translation of that page's content? :)

Why why why didn't I take Japanese at school

気球 = kikyū = balloon (i.e. hot air balloon)
船 = fune = ship
ヨッシーボート = Yoshi boat
ボール = ball

Back