Monobear stars in EVERYTHING: The Hound of the Baskervilles - Last update 7/24

Bop1996

Power Star
Retired Wiki Staff
Have you ever been reading a classic work of literature and wondered to yourself, "Hmm, I wonder what this would be like if Monobear was here?" Well, now you can, with our new line of literature featuring none other than our favorite despair-inducing bear himself! Think of it! Homer's Iliad, Ovid's Metamorphoses, The Song of Roland, Dante's Inferno, Agatha Christie's Murder on the Orient Express, Jules Verne's Twenty Thousand Leagues under the Sea, and more, all with added Monobear!

Stay tuned for the beginning of our regular feature, where we will retell Sherlock Holmes and the Hound of the Baskervilles with Monobear inserted.

Normal format will be as follows:

I am directly quoting parts of the work in question. Monobear will be written in as one or more of the characters from the book, and I'll attempt to stay authentic both to Monobear's dynamic personality and the original style of the text, which is not an easy balance. Monobear's character may not appear in every update or even every chapter, so to compensate for the fact that we might wind up with large portions of Sherlock Holmes with me just Ctrl-F'ing for when to sub Monobear in, I'm also adding italicized text into the main body of the story, representing Monobear's thoughts on the matter at hand. That way, you'll not only get the "what would Monobear do?" for many situations, but you'll also have the "what would Monobear say?" for just about everything.

The Hound of the Baskervilles
http://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=19399.msg816586#msg816586

Re: Coming 2012: Monobear stars in EVERYTHING

That would be incredible.

Don't see what could go wrong.

Oh, I should also mention that a lot of credit for this goes to Quizmo, who inspired me to attempt this herculean task after a long philosophical conversation about the nature of hats. I couldn't have come up with this on my own.

read Dangan Ronpa.

this idea is amazing.

Bop, I love you.

Maybe something bonus, I'm not quite sure if I could use the same type thing for tinkering around with the Iliad and Metroid Prime, for instance, but I can try to think of something.

Monobear said:
Maybe something bonus, I'm not quite sure if I could use the same type thing for tinkering around with the Iliad and Metroid Prime, for instance, but I can try to think of something.

Create Monobear Lore. It can be like Monobear Theater except better.

That'd be entertaining. I'll try to think of something.

Oh yeah, I'm also going to issue a blanket spoiler warning. This will very likely contain spoilers for at least through the second chapter of Dangan Ronpa and quite possibly the literature I'm editing, so bear that in mind. Also, just about all the humor of this comes from Monobear's personality, so if you don't know who he is, it probably won't seem as humorous to you.

Monobear Immortal The Monobear Games will be the best thing ever.

LN1 said:
Super Monobear Bros.
If Monobear is Mario, then who is the rest of the cast?

zrpYq.png

Looks like shit right now, but still needs some touching up to do.

It could work though.

LN1 said:
Super Monobear Bros.
If Monobear is Mario, then who is the rest of the cast?

Monobear.

Back