You Know What's Funny?

[size=90pt]...

Okay. Rant time. In my short time in here, I have seen a large amount of users who will come just to advertise their little project. We are all supportive, "Hey, that's a nice pumpkin" or "I like that K'Nex castle". They take this for granted and leave, never posting again. They may say that this forum is cool or that they will stay around but they don't. This is a pet peeve of mine and I despise the very spammers who do this. And now you will quote me, tell me that they're not spamming, but that's what they do and something needs to be done about it.

He's most likely just one of those people who is here just to show off his artwork and have us "like" him on Facebook, but he doesn't actually want to participate in any discussions on here. :/

Exactly. And whenever I point that out, someone tells me something like "stop scaring them away" or "give them a chance" but I can smell these guys from a mile away.
http://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=14608.0

I highly doubt that you are scaring him away, especially since he doesn't appear to want to talk to us anymore. :P
Also, just a sidenote, I took a look at his profile and apparently he hasn't been active here since the day he joined.

I hate these guys. Exactly why I can't look around to see if my ideas are unoriginal-Fan Creations is cluttered with "LOOK AT MY SHIT!" advertising people.

I suggest a rule where you can't post in Fan Creations until you have 10 posts or so..
Anyone agree?
EDIT: But, then again, it might be useless: they would probably just post the threads in other boards.

I think they should just get their posts deleted if they don't do anything but advertise their "creation".

Also, here's an example of one of Nabber's points:
Nabber said:
They may say that this forum is cool or that they will stay around but they don't.
IndyRiot said:
Hey guys, just wanted to promote my video a little bit. But I've been scrolling around this forum too and I think I'll stick around. Neat stuff and I am a huge fan of anything Mario related.
Date Joined: November 13, 2011, 08:59:09 AM
November 13, 2011, 09:05:19 AM

He was only on for six minutes before leaving. :mad:

Thank you, Pyro. I'd be fine if these people would post more, but they don't. And that's that.

Nabber said:
Thank you, Pyro. I'd be fine if these people would post more, but they don't. And that's that.
Yeah, as you said, it's perfectly okay to advertise your artwork, but in this case it is the only reason they joined. It wouldn't be a problem at all if they didn't just join to advertise. :|
They are basically human adbots. :P

Yeah I'm glad you guys see what I'm talking about.
I understand that there are people who sign up on here but don't post, but at least they don't "advertise" their creations...Joshwink and someone else did this, I don't remember who though... *for some picture they made for a Facebook contest*.

I agree these people are annoying, but a while back, I suggested that every user who didn't make a single post and were gone for more than a year got their account deleted. The mods kind of rejected my idea because one of them said it was "too much work, not enough rewards". So if the mods aren't willing to delete accounts for people who've made zero posts and have been inactive for multiple years, it's unlikely they'd delete the accounts of users who've made at least a few posts and have only been inactive for a few months.

Shyguy here to clear this up. The board is called Fan Creations. You cannot fault someone for posting their fan creations there no matter how much they post elsewhere any more than you can fault someone who joins and only posts about Mario games in The Marioverse. That is all.

Oh wait:
QuizmoManiac said:
/shyguy's bit
I don't get it.

Don Pianta said:
I agree these people are annoying, but a while back, I suggested that every user who didn't make a single post and were gone for more than a year got their account deleted. The mods kind of rejected my idea because one of them said it was "too much work, not enough rewards". So if the mods aren't willing to delete accounts for people who've made zero posts and have been inactive for multiple years, it's unlikely they'd delete the accounts of users who've made at least a few posts and have only been inactive for a few months.

Dude, you didn't add enough bold and colored text. You should try again.

Back