Arcade coverage: Sunwise

Borp

Lakitu
I initially wasn't going to do this right away, but consider it a sort of 'breaking news' post.

Swanky no Bonus Slot
スワンキーのボーナススロット

Release date: I have no idea.

Remember this post in the Konami coverage thread where I pointed out a mysterious 'Super Donkey Kong 2' machine next to the Super Mario World Mini Piccadilly? Well, Kiddo found it for me!

Here is a NicoNico video by that kodomoyo guy, the one who runs the blog about old medal games: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19706599

Kiddo was nice enough to find that and save it to his YouTube account for me:

As far as I know, this video is literally the only evidence that this machine even existed on the entire Internet. That I've been able to find anyway. It's entirely possible that there are even more machines like this by even more companies floating around out there, but the ones I've covered so far are the only ones I know of. Based on my poor attempt to translate the original video's description, this machine was apparently made by Sunwise rather than Banpresto or Konami.

- Points of Interest -
1. The machine's title and motif seems to be specifically based on Swanky's Bonus Bonanaza from DKC2. It's even got the neon "Bonus" sign from Swanky's background as a graphic on the machine's marquee.
2. There's a rather... boisterous voice that comes out of the machine when you play. Is it supposed to be Swanky himself?
3. The machine appears to be a slot machine with only two reels and two lines. I can't say I've ever seen anything like that before.
4. Diddy, Dixie, Cranky, Rambi, Rattly, Enguarde, Squitter, and Squawks are the pictures that appear on the reels. At least, they're the pictures that you have to match up in order to win.
5. DK and K. Rool also appear on the wheel, but DK grants you some sort of "bonus" while K. Rool grants you "danger"... whatever that means.
6. The machine plays what I think is an entirely new piece of music while the slots spin!

Maybe if I knew what the uploader's text overlays said I'd understand it a little bit more.

Listening comprehension is my weak spot (even worse than my vocabulary list), but the amazing narration starts out as "everyone (minasaaaan), it's bonus time [...] DK & friends [...] okaaaay!" then says stuff along the lines of "push the buttons and receive", "push the button", "oh wonderful, it's Rambi", "buu buu, too bad, you missed/lost", "oooh, shabataban~"...

The text (except the stuff printed on the game machine itself - but I might try catching that later) is...

title said:
sm19706599 -【メダルゲーム】―スワンキーのボーナススロット―【みなすゎ~ん】 | Swanky's Bonus Slots (DKC2 Medal Game)
"Medal Game" - Swanky's Bonus Slots - "Minasaaaan"

description said:
今回はサンワイズの、スワンキーのボーナススロットを載せています。 軽快なナレーションが特徴で、配当もなかなかです。 兄弟機にドラえもんくるりんポケット( sm14400095 )があります ゲーム機の質問・要望など...
This time it's Swanky's Bonus Slot being recorded. The lilting narration is the distinctive feature and there are quite [many] allotments. There is a brother machine, Doraemon Spinning Pocket (link) [This] game machine calls for a lot of questions...

video annotations said:
どうも、kodomoyoです。
今回は、サンワイズのスワンキーのボーナススロットです
1ベットで2ライン有効で最大5ベットまでできます
ゲーム性もよくできていますが、ナレーションが非常に面白いです
ご視聴ありがとうございました
Hi, I'm kodomoyo
This time, it's Swanky's Bonus Slot
1 bet is valid for 2 lines, up to 5 bets maximum are possible
The game's nature is also well done but the narration is very interesting/enjoyable/funny[/lulz]
[Hope you] like it and thanks [for watching]

Thanks Walkazo. I can't say I'm surprised that they made a Doraemon machine just like this one. There's a Doraemon version of everything when it comes to stuff like this. :P

Back