When something opens in a new window, it redirects to adware

Paper Mario

SPM Trash
Forum Moderator
Pronouns
She/They
MarioWiki
Fawfulthegreat64
And then I can't close the window. Literally a pop-up says "THE PAGE AT HAHAHA.ADWARESITE.FUCKYOU SAYS...

BLAH BLAH BLAH YOU HAVE SUCH A TERRIBLE VIRUS, I CAN FIX THAT JUST LET ME INSTALL MY ADWARE BLAH BLAH"

and the only way to close the window is to terminate the Chrome process, which also gets rid of everything I wanted to keep.

The new window was SUPPOSED to be a sign-in page for my email. But hell no, and you know what else? Nothing bad has installed in the last month according to Control Panel, and there are no bad extensions on my Chrome.

Why me? Why does this always happen to me? I don't usually download adware infested crap anyway so WHY is my computer such an adware magnet? The only programs I've downloaded this month are QuickTime and an update for my game capture software.

I do NOT want to use any fucking trial versions that tell me about adware but want me to pay to delete it. No protection software ever lasts. Lo and behold, I have redirects again.

Any suggestions?

Well, it's probably looks like a harmless program, that's what happened to me one time.

Also, you could pay for a full on virus protection if you have the money. I have McAfee, and it works great. Only thing is, sometimes Steam outright refuses to load, but that's fixed by restarting the laptop.

Oh, no I can verify that everything I downloaded this month is from a trusted source. And this crap has only started happening again this month.

Do you know that, sometimes, saving images from Google can cause that stuff? Well, at least, that's what I'm assuming from the time I had nothing untrustworthy and, like, 10 000 images.

I am also 14 years old and inexperienced with half this shit anyways.

i didnt have adware in quite a while, i use avast an it keeps most of the shit out

then again i didnt rly download much so

most of the times it suffices to deinstall something you dont know you installed, or any toolbars with the free version of ccleaner.

else you could backup your harddrive and just reset it whenever adware pops up if youre lazy ^^ (not recommended though)

Back