Dolphin problem on tablet

Paper Mario

SPM Trash
Forum Moderator
Pronouns
She/They
MarioWiki
Fawfulthegreat64
I downloaded the Dolphin Emulator Android version on my new tablet, and transferred a Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door ISO to it to test. It displayed a black screen with all the controller buttons clustered up in a corner. I had to exit the program.

So then I payed 5.99 or something like that for the Pro version, it did the exact same thing. Is my tablet not strong enough to emulate a GC game? I am not sure how to find the specs on a tablet either. It's a Samsung but that's all I know.

Might be that your tablet is not strong enough no. Can you give the exact name of the tablet? It usually is written on the back or in a corner, or you go to About in the Settings.

Also...
Dolphin Emulator Pro description said:
This is exactly the same as the non-pro version!
Probably should have read that.

Why the hell would they release a paid version that's the exact same thing? Bah.

Anyway,
uywC9vy.png

What tablet would you recommend for Dolphin to run decent?

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Why the hell would they release a paid version that's the exact same thing? Bah.
Please read the rest of the description.
Dolphin Emulator Pro description said:
If you like the idea of having a gamecube emulator on your Android device and want me to push out updates and features more quickly;Think about buying this version. This may be exactly the same as the non-pro version, aside from the shiny golden icon, but it helps the development process by giving the developers money to directly work on improving this emulator.
This can help with:
Getting developers the money needed to buy the latest devices to make sure it runs well.
Incentive to help port it to new devices (Intel Bay Trail devices, iDevices?)
Money needed to feed the developers so they don't starve to death while developing this.
The time required to put in to such a project to make it as quick as possible.
Basically you gullibly gave them money so they can keep developing Dolphin as a whole. They are you grateful. :)

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
What tablet would you recommend for Dolphin to run decent?
On the Dolphin website they suggest more that 1GB of RAM. Your tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab 4) has more than that, so I don't know.

Well the game finally ran.

On a new, more powerful tablet which I traded that one in for.

Incredibly slow, each frame lasted a few seconds, the sound was nothing but buzzing, and the logos at the beginning of the game lasted 5 minutes. It took a half-hour to create a save file, and then the opening of the game (where Luigi comes out to get the mail) began so slowly that I just quit the application.

Back