Transferring NNID to 3DS XL

Paper Mario

SPM Trash
Forum Moderator
Pronouns
She/They
MarioWiki
Fawfulthegreat64
My launch 3DS is pretty much unusable. I had a capture card installed on it, then the charging port stopped working. I can't put it on a charging dock because the capture card makes it too bulky. So now it can't charge, period. Problem is, my main NNID is linked to that 3DS.

I want it on my Mario & Luigi XL. So I formatted that, then tried a system transfer from the old 3DS (thankfully it was fully charged) but the modem disconnected from the internet during the transfer. Now my un-chargable 3DS is in the flashing red battery level, and I can't do a system transfer. So I formatted it to disconnect my NNID, then tried linking said NNID to the XL.

..."This NNID is already linked to a system in the Nintendo 3DS family blah blah blah"

What do I do? Am I just royally screwed here?

No. The best bet would be to call Nintendo to have them emergency unlink it, since it can't charge.

The problem is, it's not linked to any 3DS. I formatted the launch 3DS, so it has no NNID now. What I'm wondering is why my XL thinks the NNID is still connected to a 3DS.

Ah. Well, I'm no expert, so I would have no idea. Call Nintendo and tell them the full situation in detail, maybe they can help you beyond my understanding.

Welp, I just checked that account on my laptop, and after logging in, it said "You are currently restricted from interacting with Miiverse."

Apparently I'm still banned for that glitch I explained how to do in Dream Team... over a month ago. Gee whiz. I kinda assumed that ban would've worn out by now. Any way to dispute it with Nintendo?

King Antasma said:
So I formatted it to disconnect my NNID, then tried linking said NNID to the XL.

"Formatting does not allow you to link the Nintendo Network ID to another system."

Sounds to me like you're going to have to remove the capture card, charge the system, and try a proper System Transfer again.

What also jumps to my mind with M4E's post, if your old 3DS is still alive, try linking the NNID to it and unlink as should with the options provided (if these options exist, I'm checking that now).

EDIT: Checked it, you can't unlink a NNID from a 3DS without formatting it, but it doesn't register as such on Nintendo servers.

So after literally a week, Nintendo finally responded to my email...

with an automated reply. FFFUUUUUUU

So I called them, and it'll take 3-5 business days to complete... ugh well it worked within a day, awesome

Back