Should I trade these games in?

Shyghoul

Peace be with you, whoever you are.
Pronouns
she/her/they
So according to Gamestop's current featured trade in values if I trade in DKCR, SMG2, NSMB, MKDS, SSBB, and LOZ:SS I should have around 120ish dollars worth of in-store credit. Which would enable me to get a 2DS. But I was wondering if was really worth the trouble. I've more or less 100% all of these except SS and DKCR so it's not like i'd be losing much. But yeah i'm not completely sure if there's a catch to this like these offers not being valid in all gamestop stores or something. Also I have no way of selling these games otherwise.

So yeah do you guys think this a good deal?

Don't trade such good Nintendo games in, you can save them and give them to your kids one day. Or you can pull them out fifteen years from now and replay them just for fun.

I am somewhat of a Nintendo video game hoarder. I value older titles over trading them in for a new one. I would much rather save the games that I've got and just save up and buy the new release or console.

I'm too sentimental about video games to trade them in.

Except shitty licensed games, obviously.

If you want a 2DS and aren't going to play those again, go for it.

Those are like, the best games right there, and a 2DS is so tempting.....but I would not. Most of those would be too memorable for me.

Ultimately it is all up to you. Althoughh, out of those, I would never trade in SMBB and SS.

It depends. It might be hard to get them again in a couple of years if you decide you want to get them gain. Still your choice. I personally wouldn't. I would keep Nintendo games as a lot of them are probably worth quite a bit.

No. It's worth it. Besides gamestop gives you like nothing.

And seriously just get a job or something and you'll have enough money to get on in like two weeks

I prefer keeping games, I am keeping my Nintendo 64 and I still have fun playing it sometimes.

Trade in everything except Brawl. Its going to be better than its Wii U Remake.

New Super Mario said:
No. It's worth it. Besides gamestop gives you like nothing.

And seriously just get a job or something and you'll have enough money to get on in like two weeks
i actually would get a decent amount of money off of these games in paticular since they're featured

also i have no way of getting a job lol

not really. you run around fighting random enemies, get new items that unlock new abilities or make you stronger, solve puzzles, fight bosses, etc.

the only difference is that zelda games have a story, whereas metroid prime doesn't. i mean, it does, but just barely

Just barely, my ass. It's just not told in the same way. Sure, there isn't much in terms of why you're on Tallon IV, but I think the game's "story" consists of the Chozo and Space Pirate lore.

Junketsu said:
Just barely, my ass. It's just not told in the same way. Sure, there isn't much in terms of why you're on Tallon IV, but I think the game's "story" consists of the Chozo and Space Pirate lore.

this and the fact that most of zelda and most storylines consist of dialogue where metroid prime does not, but it still consists of a story just from a lone character respective rather then a bunch of other characters.

although really im not too concerned about metroids story in the slightest since the games have proven that their gameplay and exploration are far superior.

we dont need to get into my taste of zelda however.

Junketsu said:
yeah that's true

i personally consider that to be more of an immersive world kinda thing than a plotline, but it doesn't really matter

thx 4 the advice guys, I traded in nsmb and mkds (would have done sm64ds too but I can't find it lol) and decided to keep the others.

Also I'll probably get mario strikers charged and metroid prime 3 with the credit and possibly something else next week ftr.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! DONT DO IIIIIIIIT!!!!!

The A-Team said:
So according to Gamestop's current featured trade in values if I trade in DKCR, SMG2, NSMB, MKDS, SSBB, and LOZ:SS I should have around 120ish dollars worth of in-store credit. Which would enable me to get a 2DS. But I was wondering if was really worth the trouble. I've more or less 100% all of these except SS and DKCR so it's not like i'd be losing much. But yeah i'm not completely sure if there's a catch to this like these offers not being valid in all gamestop stores or something. Also I have no way of selling these games otherwise.

So yeah do you guys think this a good deal?
don't do it man it's not worth it

I never trade in video games. They all are great!

Except the ones for little kids and M Rated games. Those go to the store right away.

Shy Guy Forever said:

Except the ones for little kids and M Rated games. Those go to the store right away.
mario teaches typing man

Misty said:
Shy Guy Forever said:

mario teaches typing man
That game goes into the ''games for little kids'' category.

Back