Laptop will not charge...

yoshi123

~Yo-YO, let's GO! PSI Prodigy!~
Hi, so yesterday for about 10 mins after school I was charging my laptop. But then it suddenly stops charging. It's not the charger itself that's the issue; the light from it is on so there should be power input. For some reason though, my laptop is very sensitive to being charged/uncharged from the slightest movement... I also tried removing the battery and inserting it back, but still no dice.

I'm currently posting this via phone. I have direct links to images.

I'm using a Rocketfish universal charger. The light is on so there should be power, right? So it can't be the charger or the outlet itself.
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll276/ZanhiXx/BEAF973C-9F3A-4EC7-A456-A571405F3809_zpsvmgbttkz.jpg

My Gateway laptop is a model MS2273, and so the Tip 32 is used as it said in the manual when I first got it. So it can't be that I'm using the wrong tip.
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll276/ZanhiXx/1DF385EC-28E3-4DDD-9A7D-3A6632DC3027_zpsd2j3ere3.jpg

And yet... No charge whatsoever.
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll276/ZanhiXx/F2B02C14-CFA3-4F88-B0C5-66819602F2D1_zpsobekpg0b.jpg

I'm hoping I won't have to get a new laptop or a charger... That is way out of my budget. I hope you guys can help me.

if your laptop is sensitive to being charged and uncharged from slightest movement, then it's probably a problem with the laptop

you probably don't have to replace the laptop though, just the battery

This happened to me one time, actually. It was a problem with the charger - even with the light being on, it wasn't supplying power to the laptop itself.

My advice is first get the charger checked out by like Staples or something, and then if that's functional ask them to check out the battery/laptop itself.

also if you have a backup charger (or know anyone who has one that would work) i would suggest testing that on your laptop as well. there was one time where my wii wouldn't turn on at all, and we tried with another power supply and it worked so we just bought a new one.

That's actually quite an interesting thing about the power supply... I know my friend's charger does work with mine, so maybe I can trade chargers with him or something. XP

If not, I can have my sister's boyfriend check it out since he knows about technology and stuff. :p

Thanks for the info you guys! (Though I won't ask for this to be moved to the resolved board yet since I'm not sure when I'll get to go to my friend's house again or have my sister's boyfriend check it out lol)

Just a warning, I had a problem where it would do the same, but work eventually and I largely ignored. My charger went up in smoke

Thermidor 2 said:
Just a warning, I had a problem where it would do the same, but work eventually and I largely ignored. My charger went up in smoke

Yeah, be very careful with that, my old charger exploded and the carpet caught fire. It was pain..

So, my friend gave me his spare charger (since his old Acer Laptop no longer works and he has no use for it). This can be moved to the Resolved board now. :)

Thanks guys! I never would've expected another charger to work. XD

Back