iCloud Question

Soundless Voice

Star Spirit
Banned User
So, my iPod and iPhone, along with my mom's iPhone, iPad, iPad Mini, and Macbook Pro, are all on the same iCloud, and have the same Apple ID.

I was wondering, if I can see my internet history, can the other devices see it? I think that's correct, if so, if I clear my internet history, will the history from my phone clear off of the others?

My mom's Mac can see the history on all devices, and I think her iPhone can, too.

it doesnt store browsing history, however it will show what tabs are open in the "icloud tabs" bookmark
so for example,
if iphone a first went to google, searched for mario boards, went to someones profile..
then iphone b would just see that iphone a would be viewing someones profile, not the google things.

if you really want to be secretive about your browsing history, you can do three things:

1) enable private browsing by going to settings --> safari --> toggle the private browsing switch on
2) settings --> icloud --> turn the safari switch off
3) use another browser like chrome, which doesnt have icloud integrated in it

option 1 would let you have completely private access and no history or cookies and things like that would be saved on any devices, including the one you are using

and option 2 would just make it so that only your device would have history and whatnot on it, but not the other ones that are linked via icloud

Okay, thanks!

Lock please.

Back