The Bible (History Channel Special)

It's pretty awesome. Not much else to say on the matter. I think it's really nice to see History do something besides having rednecks hurt themselves on national TV.

It's still dramatized, though. I mean, who knew Moses was such a badass? And they left out a lot of my favorite Bible stories, but you can't really expect them to include everything.

So have any of you guys been watching this?

I have. And I lol'd when I heard this one the news.

barack-satan.jpg

Yeah, that pic of Satan from the show was edited to make him look more like Obama, but the resemblance is still there, lol. I'm fairly certain they didn't do it on purpose, though.

Just saw the Birth of Jesus one last night, and I loved the Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego story.

That's kind of funny (for lack of better word), since there's a rumor President Barack Obama is the Anti-Christ

Super Luigi World said:
Time Turner said:
I'm not very good with biblical-related stuff.
Strange you aren't when you said your whole family is Christian

because that certainly means he may be.

Ah, the History Channel. The channel that doesn't show history. I'm surprised they didn't start calling it HC.

Super Luigi World said:
Crystal said:
Super Luigi World said:
Time Turner said:

Well I thought his parents would have taught him about it

may have, or tried to force it on him like many parents do.

Doesn't mean he would like to learn it though.

also i think i may have seen my family watching this, seemed okay i guess but i generally prefer some of the movies we have instead. As they intend to be more accurate and in depth it seems, parents seem to agree too.

Super Luigi World said:
Crystal said:
Super Luigi World said:
Time Turner said:

Well I thought his parents would have taught him about it
Yes, my mom is religious, but that doesn't mean that she tried to actually force her beliefs onto me.

Nope, I've been more interested in that Vikings thing.

I'd say so. I've only been able to see one episode, but I liked what I saw.

Will do, then.

If they do the the same thing they did with their Hatfields & McCoys special, which I have been told was awesome, then they'll just have a marathon of them in a row after all the episodes are aired.

Just a quick question. Does History Channel show any history at all? My grandfather and I only watch it when Pawn Stars is on.

Bubble Man said:
Just a quick question. Does History Channel show any history at all? My grandfather and I only watch it when Pawn Stars is on.

They talk about aliens.

May i ask what viking thing you guys are talking about, i'm curious.

Man at least the bible is closer to history than shows about pawn shops and swamp monsters and aliens and shit. Or is it?

Sabrina said:
Man at least the bible is closer to history than shows about pawn shops and swamp monsters and aliens and shit. Or is it?
Meh.
Even when I was Christian, I still saw these stories as legends and myths, but I guess some people take this literally, so it's history to them.

I always thought all Christians took these stories literally.

And anyway, The Bible is something that has made a tremendous impact on the history of mankind, whether you believe in its contents or not. So many of its ideas have become a mainstay in our culture, and it's the number one selling book in the world. It's really as history as History gets.

I mean, I'll agree History Channel has slacked a bit, but it's not like they don't actually do a historical feature now and then.

I just saw the latest part, and it was awesome. From the pacing of the story, and the fact that Easter is next Sunday, it's likely that the next episode will be the last. That's a little disappointing that they're only going to focus on Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John as far as the New Testament goes. I hope they at least touch on Revelations, which to me is one of the most interesting books of the Bible.

Back