whats your pokemon party

Dr. Javelin said:
Being weak to one type isn't really much of a problem as long as you have one or two solid resists, but Typhlosion is not a good resist. Honestly. He's pretty wimpy.

Actually, Typhlosion is quite dangerous with the Choice Scarf and Eruption; its speed can go up to 492 with the Choice Scarf, losing only to Speed Forme Deoxys. This is especially true in the double and triple battles, since Typhlosion's partners can easily power up its Eruption to a point where anything that doesn't resist the Fire-type will be heavily damaged, if not 1-hit KO'd.

my point still stands that he's terrible as an ice resist, regardless of offensive capability

also if i remember correctly his coverage is basically fire, fire, fire, and fire

There is Extrasensory, but during intense sunlight, that move will deal less damage than a STABbed Flamethrower, even if it deals super-effective damage; likewise, a STABbed full power Eruption during intense sunlight deals more damage than a 4x effective Extrasensory. There's also SolarBeam, Focus Blast, and Hidden Power to keep in mind too.

Ghostony said:
1. shiny gastly
Awesome
2. umbreon
Pretty good
3. munchlax
Not bad
4. raichu
Electivire would be better
5. starmie
Nice
6. miltank
If you need another Normal, Togekiss would be better

Starting my Emerald Team:
Torchic (Flame) L. 10
Ralts(Calamity) Lv. 8
Slakoth (Goon) Lv. 7

I'm planning on adding Aron to my team.

playing through white 2 again with

Tentacruel
Drapion
Conkledurr
Mismagius
Sawsbuck
Cinccino

(yes i cheated to get mismagius and tentacruel)

also challenging myself apparently since i have no steels, then again most steels are pretty defensive and im a pretty offensive player.

not that some steel types cant be offensive, most just arent though.

Since I just started White 2 yesterday, and I'm still grinding for the first gym my team is very, very weak. But this time I've decided that I'll have at least one special move per team Pokémon instead of all physical. So, here goes:

Tepig (Ryo)
Level: 15
Attack: 27
Defense: 18
SP. Attack: 23
SP. Defense: 21
Speed: 20
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Blaze

Moves:

Tackle
Tail Whip

Ember
Flame Charge

Comments: The reason Ryo's defense/some other stats are so low is because when I was grinding I ran into a lot of Patrats and they kept using Leer/Growl, which I believe is the cause of it decreasing.

Lilipup (Len)
Level: 8
Attack: 14
Defense: 14
SP. Attack: 9
SP. Defense: 14
Speed: 14
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Pickup

Moves:

Leer
Tackle
Odor Slueth

Bite

Comments: I honestly have no clue why Len's Special Attack is so low. I feel that Len is one of the weaker 'mon in my team (not saying he is weak, he's just not as strong as other members of my party). The reason I named him Len is because I have a thing for him but I also have a "thing" for Lilipups.

Riolu
Level: 9
Attack: 15
Defense: 12
SP. Attack: 13
SP. Defense: 14
Speed: 16
Nature: Modest
Ability: Inner Focus

Moves:

Foresight
Quick Attack
Endure

Counter

Comments: This one is one of my favorites. Despite it's stats and moves, it does pretty decent in battle. I can't wait till it evolves into Lucario. I was also lucky to get him, as Riolu has a 5% chance of appearing in Floccesy Ranch and Ryo almost made him faint so that would've sucked.

Purrloin (Lexi)
Level: 6
Attack: 12
Defense: 8
SP. Attack: 12
SP. Defense: 10
Speed: 14
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Unburden

Moves:

Scratch
Growl
Assist

Comments: Honestly, this Pokémon sucks. She is literally murdered by Patrats and other Purrloins. I think I might search for a better Pokémon and store Lexi in a box or something. Her only good move is Assist and that's only when I get a move like Tackle or Ember, and her stats are horrible.

Mareep (Sora)
Level: 7
Attack: 10
Defense: 11
SP. Attack: 16
SP. Defense: 11
Speed: 9
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Static

Moves:

Tackle
Growl

Thunder Wave

Comments: Sora honestly isn't good stat-wise, but I think he's doing well in battle, although that could be his ability. I might replace Thunder Wave with something, because that's a waste of a move slot considering he has Static ability.

Pidove (Lucy)
Level: 6
Attack: 11
Defense: 12
SP. Attack: 11
SP. Defense: 9
Speed: 11
Nature: Calm
Ability Big Pecks

Moves:

Gust
Growl

Comments: This is another not-so-good Pokémon. The ability is nice, because a lot of wild Pokémon keep using Leer which is probably why the rest of my party has low defense. I'm probably replacing her once I get a better flying type.

Criticism, suggestions, and comments would be nice.

EDIT: Beat first Gym and updated Tepig.

A Magnemite will come in handy when you go up against Roxie's Poison-type Pokemon. Steel-types are immune to Poison-type attacks, just so you know.

plus evolving it into magnezone is great.

only 3 weakness, and 13 resistances, great special attack, good defense, and decent special defense.

combine that with the fact that magnezone can serve alot of purposes, and its just a great pokemon(also its a freaking ufo with magnets, which is awesome).

Where can you get a Magnemite? I'll look out for one. By the way, it wasn'ta permanent team, just what I had in my party at the time.

^ same here

I don't have a way to show you guys from my DS so I just used pokemon team builder

uaab28Q.png

LN1 said:
Why do you have a Magnemite, a Magneton, and a Magnezone all in the same team?

AND Poliwrath and Politoed? Two Water Pokémon in the same team? Or Poliwrath and Toxicroak? Two Fighting Pokémon?

D:

Crystal said:
plus evolving it into magnezone is great.

only 3 weakness, and 13 resistances, great special attack, good defense, and decent special defense.

combine that with the fact that magnezone can serve alot of purposes, and its just a great pokemon(also its a freaking ufo with magnets, which is awesome).

The main problem with Magnezone is that it's slower than Magneton, and it can't use the Eviolite; Magneton actually gets better defenses than Magnezone while holding the Eviolite. I'm not saying that that's bad, but when talking about things like Skarmory, Magneton is more likely to outspeed the metal bird than Magnezone.

Still, there are some cases where sacrificing speed for a higher special attack stat may work in your favor, especially when you take into account that Magnezone can use the Air Balloon to give itself a chance to use Magnet Rise. Once Magnet Rise is active, Magnezone would temporarily lose its major weakness to Ground-type attacks, even after it loses its Air Balloon.

but holding a an evoilite isnt exactly the best solution for the family of magnimites.

sure its defenses will be better, but outside of that its not all that great.

it cant increase its special attack further with choice specs or life orb, if it wanted to be a tank, it will have no form of recovery, and leftovers is pretty mandatory with defensive pokemon. Worst of all, if it wanted to run dual screens, it can only have them up for 5 turns, since it cannot hold light clay.

theres also the fact that it doesnt even matter if magneton is faster, its speed still freaking blows.

You may have a point there, but seeing as the Magnemite family has access to the Sturdy ability, they can screw up certain sweepers before getting KO'd, whether it's by using Thunder Wave, or simply by striking hard with Thunderbolt or Flash Cannon.

Anyway, the Eviolite isn't necessarily meant only for defensive Pokemon, since some offensive Pokemon can really benefit from having the 50% boost in their defenses.

so working on this conkledurr and this tentacruel here.

Thinking about having this in the future

Dala The Conkledurr @ flame orb
Ability: Guts
Relaxed Nature
Move Set
Hammer Arm
Drain Punch
Payback
[not sure for the final moveslot]

Yeah the final moveslot is a bit of an odd ball for me, as the only pokemon line that resists fighting and dark is croagunk and its evolution.

There are some good options though. Bulk up increases attack and defense by 1 stage which can help with more powerful physical attackers like haxorus or help against more dedicated physical walls like skarmory.

Facade may be an option as if status'd it reachs a terrifying 140 base power and if i ever do fight croagunk and its evolution, i can hit it for neutral damage.

Now theres two other options as well, these being substitute and focus punch, since sub helps making conkledurr live longer and being able to use focus punch succesfully and since focus punch hits like a nuke, that could be useful. Although im not sure if burn would destory the sub, so someone confirm that for me please.

Lilith The Tentacruel @ expert belt
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Modest Nature
MoveSet
Acid Spray
Surf/Hydro pump
Ice Beam
Giga Drain

Well this is what i came up with tentacruel, modest for highest possible special attack, acid spray for pseudo-nasty plot(unless against a steel type). Water, ice, and grass are pretty much the epitome of perfect coverage(to my knowledge)

ability.... tentacruel doesnt really have a good offensive ability, so there ya go. Expert belt because i dont really have anything else at the moment, i guess i could use life orb later though.

Dont have access to dream world so no rain dish, although i guess i could use pokegen for that if i really wanted to. Wasn't sure if i was every going to use rain though and still not sure either.

thoughts?

what's the point of doing anything but tanking with tentacruel though

i mean, water/ice/grass coverage is good, but starmie's water/ice/electric is better

and tentacruel's defense is generally too low to survive for a while, even against neutral hits

probably because ive used starmie 4000 billion times and wanted to do something new, and ive never used tentacruel as an attacker before, so there ya go.

starmie doesnt survive well against resisted hits either because its defense and special defense is only average, which is pretty much shattered by its laughable hp stat.

Plus water/poison is a better typing anyway, so there ya go.

Back