Issue 206

Meta Knight

Accepting applications for The 'Shroom
Core 'Shroom Staff
Hello everyone hope you're having a nice Saturday! It's of course, that time again where Issue 206 of The 'Shroom is debuting! We've got a lot of great sections for you in store, and you should definitely read every single one.

For some other announcements, I know we've previously announced that our summer-special themed around Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door will take place next issue, but we are delaying it by a month. So that means, it will now be happening in July. This is to give our writers, artists, and staff more time to cook up everything we have planned without resorting to crunch time. Thank you for understanding, but I hope to get your special sections regardless!

The awards season is in full-swing with Lakituthequick bringing back Anniversary Announcements. There's a meaty collab between Waluigi Time, Hooded Pitohui, and Roserade too! They're just in time to hype up the awards polls next month, which you should participate in for sure.

Of course, we've also got all our regular features as well. I'm super grateful that we have so many creative individuals that help make The 'Shroom what it is. Now what are you waiting for? Go read it already!

I don't mind the delay. I originally wasn't going to do anything for TTYD but seeing as it's pushed back I now feel like I can think of something to celebrate the game. I don't know what exactly I'll do, but I'll think of something.

After the next issue (where my Mega Man walkthrough will be finished) I plan on making walkthroughs for all the classic games in the series as well! Don't worry - even though I'm now a patroller I will still dedicate time for my walkthroughs.

Anyways, congratulations again everyone!

Hey Guys Boo1268 here and since I might be the first to ask this question but here it goes what are your options on this issue of the shroom now normally @Daniel Dyce would do this but 2 things one it's been at the time of posting this 2 day and two I'm impatient so give me your hot takes people!

I really appreciate that, after all these years of doing it, BBQ Turtle is able to keep finding themes for Anagrams. It's a simple concept, but it makes for an enjoyable section every month.

Cheep Wellington is a good Mario-fied name for a dish, must be said. I enjoy Clawgrip's detailed recipe walkthroughs. They've been coming into their own and capture that cooking vibe well. Plus, this issue, we got a few jokes that made The 'Shroom HQ feel like an interconnected operation, which is nice.

Shout out to winstein for an extremely clever comic. This one was hilarious, great sense of motion in it and a stellar punchline.

I wonder how many folks caught that little reference to Van Shoeul's House of Ghouls in File City Files this month?

Back