Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglefish

Mario fan and brony!
Pronouns
He/Him
MarioWiki
Sparks
NOTE: This message is a post I made on my "Remaining Super Mario Bros. Wonder articles" thread, but it's buried in that thread and so nobody will really find it. I have decided to post it as its own thread so viewers can easily find it.

I have tips for creating Super Mario Bros. Wonder course articles!

Here are some tricks I do when making course articles.

• Observe
When I'm about to create the article, I simply just watch someone play the course without taking any notes. I just see what happens and what the course is like.

• Focus on specific objectives
After my first watch, I go back and watch the course, this time taking notes on specific things like Talking Flower quotes and 10-flower coin locations. Sometimes I may have to watch another video on the same course because the first video had Talking Flower quotes skipped, and sometimes I do find additional information. I would say the best videos to watch are ZackScottGames and the full game 3-player longplay by NintendoMovies. Their videos do not have watermarks, and so I can easily take screenshots of the 10-flower coins and Wonder Effects in the courses. Below are links to ZackScottgames' playlist of the game and NintendoMovies' longplay.

ZackScottGames' playlist:

NintendoMovies' 3-player longplay:

• Write the layout section last
The layout section is the hardest part of the course article because of how long it is. I have a tough time coming up with descriptions of the courses because I don't really use fancy words and find myself repeating the same words again and again (take a look at Color-Switch Dungeon and you'll see what I mean). Sometimes I find myself providing too many details in small sections. Despite these hindrances, I still create the layout sections and make sure that they describe the courses well. Short courses like the Badge Challenges are easy to do because they're so short, but the longer ones (Color-Switch Dungeon especially) are tougher. Just take your time while writing. I usually split paragraphs whenever there is a Checkpoint Flag so that the layout is described in parts for easier reading.

Have a question? Post a reply!

Thanks for reading, and use this information well! Wink!
IMG_5747.png

Last edited:
I've been a bit iffy with including the amount of Wonder Seeds in a level in the intro of each article, as I feel that was a relic from a while before the game came out when we weren't fully sure how exactly it would work. Now we know that every normal level has two Wonder Seeds; one from the Wonder Effect and the other from completing the level and some levels may have a third from a secret exit. All Badge Challenges, KO Arenas and Break Time levels all have one Wonder Seed which ends the level when collected. The Palace and Battleship levels however have one Wonder Seed from a Wonder Effect.

@Swallow Because some of the main courses have secrets exits and thus a third Wonder Seed, I think it's good to have the intro say how many Wonder Seeds there are in the course. Maybe this can get changed later via proposal or something, but I think it's harmless for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back