Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions

Either way, the amiibo is just for the Bowser's Minions part. That is, as far as I can tell. They only showed until Beanbean Castle Sewers that there was no amiibo. But, it is unlikely that amiibo will be in the main game due to it being present in Bowser's Minions part while in the second area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp0BZamXYSk

Would be cool if you could get Bowser on your team once you beat Minion Quest.

ok just one thing...

where the hell is the Beanbean Castle music

hopefully the castle isn't now included in the destroyed area in terms of music since if you recall it's destroyed again at the end meaning Beanbean Castle could be permanently unhearable in the game after a certain point and I do not want this

also why are they speeding through the cutscenes in the remake portion, that's the part I'm the most interested in tbh. Hopefully Minion Quest is more than cutscenes and battles, I don't think we've seen footage of any overworld gameplay in it.

Because if you haven't noticed already, the cutscenes haven't changed, at all.

As for Minion Quest, the "overworld" is just a bunch of stages.

Well, Private Goomp is in the mode
Oh, I hadn't seen that. Uh, um, TIME TRAVEL.

also why are they speeding through the cutscenes in the remake portion, that's the part I'm the most interested in tbh.
They said that they wanted to do the Superstar Saga portion quickly so that they could show Minion Quest.

Monster said:
ok just one thing...

where the hell is the Beanbean Castle music

hopefully the castle isn't now included in the destroyed area in terms of music since if you recall it's destroyed again at the end meaning Beanbean Castle could be permanently unhearable in the game after a certain point and I do not want this

also why are they speeding through the cutscenes in the remake portion, that's the part I'm the most interested in tbh. Hopefully Minion Quest is more than cutscenes and battles, I don't think we've seen footage of any overworld gameplay in it.

Either way, there's a permanent music player in-game now! That you have access to without actually beating the game, ha ha. Although my secret hope is there'll also be postgame stuff but I'm not too optimistic that'll actually happen. XP

If I made a reference, it was entirely inconcievable uninconcievable unincievable inconcievabintenional unintentional.

Has anyone else found out if the game is reusing Jen Taylor's original voice clips for Peach or if they replaced them with Samantha Kelly's voice clips which might be new or reused from M&L BIS. Reusing Jen's voice of Peach or having Jen reprise her role will make the game retain the original feel much like how Super Mario 64 DS had Leslie Swan reprise her role as Peach from the original Mario 64 and not have Jen Taylor do Peach (who was Peach's current voice actress from 1999 and early to mid 2000s). If it doesn't reuse Jen's voice, I'll be disappointed since they very recently did reuse Jen's voice in Mario Sports Superstars along with having Sam's voice. It won't retain the original feel like how Super Mario 64 DS did with Peach by having Leslie Swan redo her role from the original to accommodate for the added lines in the enhanced remake.

Mister Apple said:
I don't think Peach will be voiced by Kenny James. :)
Ahem, he was referring to either Jen Taylor or Samantha Kelly.

GalacticPetey said:
I think you missed the obvious sarcasm dude.
I didn't find anything sarcastic about it though.

Also, if the game uses Samantha Kelly's voice clips (either new or reused from Bowser's Inside Story or Dream Team) instead of reusing Jen Taylor's voice clips from the original, we could add that to the wiki article in the changes section along with Bowser.

GalacticPetey said:
I think you missed the obvious sarcasm dude.
I didn't find anything sarcastic about it though.
It wasn't sarcastic as much as it was a joke, highlighting the semantic ambiguity in FTG's post for a dumb joke.

I am going to make the mightiest goomba the world has ever known.

Cool to see that the Koopalings are more like they are in Paper Jam and get some dialogue, I wonder how much the endgame will change (mainly Bowser's Castle). Or maybe most of the new stuff will only be in the Bowser's Minions part?

Koopalings saying stuff in Bowser's Castle when they did not do it in the original. That would be a good improvement for everyone, but old and new comers.
Wait. Should this be in a spoiler. Better be on the safe side.

It's great that Minion quest has a story, and it gives more background as to where the Koopalings were. Seeing the retcon of the flight suit koopas again is still a disappointment for me. They were a large part of the nostalgia to me. There's really no good justifiable reason for the removal. And it was not a time management/resource issue. They made a brand new Koopa sprite from the ground up, there was time to give them flight suits, really no excuse. :-\

8xyEwFy.png

Time Turner said:
TheSuperStarSaga said:
You sure those aren't the same sprites and one of those sprites just happens to have been horribly compressed by YouTube?

That Koopa sprite on the right isn't from Dream Team, only Paper Jam; because the latter's sprites are different to the former in terms of the angle you're viewing them at and Superstar Saga DX will be using the same viewing angles as the former not the latter, so the Koopa sprites will definitely be different. The closest thing we'll have to being the exact same sprite are Kylie Koopa's sprites from Dream Team since there are no standard Koopa overworld sprites in that game.

Back