What new things should Nintendo add in Mariokart 9 (Next Mariokart)

Magikrazy said:
Oh, wow. Was that discovered recently? I've never seen it before.
Looking at the revision history of the page on The Cutting Room Floor, I determined that it's been known since at least July 12, 2016, which is pretty recent. The early character icons were found unused in a demo of Double Dash which was on the Interactive Multi-Game Demo Disc Version 13. Here's the page where it can be found:https://tcrf.net/Proto:Mario_Kart:_Double_Dash!!/Unused_or_Early_Graphics Also, this page has some interesting info about a cut Reverse Cup: https://tcrf.net/Proto:Mario_Kart:_Double_Dash!!.

Well, good thing he never came back. His character is totally pointless and not unique in the slightless compared to Diddy Kong or other kongs.

Yoshi obsession said:
uh guys i just joined how do you change your profile picture? :koopa:

Stick a fork in your toaster, cook it, and eat it.

Yoshi obsession said:
i think they should add waluigi pinball from mario kart ds

They already added that course in Mario Kart 7.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Well, good thing he never came back. His character is totally pointless and not unique in the slightless compared to Diddy Kong or other kongs.
He pretty much evolved to Diddy Kong to cope with increasing pressures of living in the jungle.

LeftyGreenMario said:
He pretty much evolved to Diddy Kong to cope with increasing pressures of living in the jungle.
[quote author=Diddy Kong's page on Mario Wiki]
The design for the character was originally intended to be a redesign of Donkey Kong Jr., but Nintendo felt that their design was too different, and asked that Rare either include Junior with his original appearance or make the new design an entirely different character. Rare, feeling that the design fit the "updated" Donkey Kong universe that they were aiming to create, had decided to keep their design.
[/quote]
So, You're kind of right, LGM. :P

My highest expectation so far for MK9 would be the addition of a boost pad that turns your kart into a submarine or airplane. It could be a gimmick.

So...just like Sonic Racing Transformed?

Yeah I could buy that. I want to fly airplanes.

Koops the koopa troopa said:
My highest expectation so far for MK9 would be the addition of a boost pad that turns your kart into a submarine or airplane. It could be a gimmick.
Karts already glide and drive underwater.

At best this wouldn't really add anything new, and at worst it would blatantly be copying Diddy Kong Racing or Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed.

To be fair, Diddy Kong Racing doesn't transform your vehicle. You just pick one of the three and roll with it.

I still think flying in airplanes would at least add to track design. You can play in courses such as Hot-Top Volcano or have courses take place completely on the ocean (rather than under it) so it might lend to varied and interesting track design.

I also imagine Battle Mode entirely with airplanes heheh.

I guess like in Kirby Air Ride? I think it's better without them, one factor to not consider when you friggin' restart the race for the millionth time.

LeftyGreenMario said:
I guess like in Kirby Air Ride? I think it's better without them, one factor to not consider when you friggin' restart the race for the millionth time.

It's dumb to restart a staff ghost race in Mario Kart Wii because of an unpredictable stage hazard.

Stage hazards are set up differently. Cataquacks don't go after you when they see you and those cones in Daisy Circuit are weird.

I was thinking more in the lines of the fireballs and the fire snakes on Grumble Volcano, the crates and the crushers on Toad Factory and the Shy Guys on DK's Sowboard Cross.

Fawful

Something that I would like to see introduced is a story mode similar to Diddy Kong Racing/Crash Team Racing's respective story modes... well both that and maybe the return of the missions from Mario Kart DS.

Perhaps do both. Introduce a sprawling open world that has tons of missions to offer, so we get our mission mode as well, but something that's fun to drive around in as well. Your character can also walk around and try out other karts.

I don't really want Mario Kart to have a story mode. What I do like is having an open world where you can go around and do missions and stuff in its single player mode, as perhaps upgrading your cars. Maybe even make that multiplayer as well. If you just want to race in tracks, just have a tracks menu to select a track.

Can Mario Kart please have a paintjob feature.

Baby Luigi said:
I don't really want Mario Kart to have a story mode. What I do like is having an open world where you can go around and do missions and stuff in its single player mode, as perhaps upgrading your cars. Maybe even make that multiplayer as well. If you just want to race in tracks, just have a tracks menu to select a track.
Why do you like open world so much? Mario Kart doesn't seem like the kind of game for open world.

Luigi 64DD said:
Baby Luigi said:
Why do you like open world so much? Mario Kart doesn't seem like the kind of game for open world.

I got inspiration from playing Burnout: Paradise's Paradise City. I love free-roaming it while crashing into vehicles and stuff.

An open world Mario Kart. As long as it is just the hub area, I am good with this. Racing on an open track seems either not plausible or already done (I am thinking Luigi's Circuit from Mario Kart Wii is one of them that gets close to this). Although, an open world hub area would only work if it is very big (like being able to go to any track from the hub area which only seems like something for choosing a race. I don't think this is a good idea since it will take a lot longer time to decide which track you will want). Anyways, I would like to drive to any mode I want to go to, whether or not this is open world.

Mission Mode in Mario Kart DS made you race in open, battle mode tracks. Still these tracks aren't designed for battle mode and therefore, not really all that fun to race on. And besides, you're just going in checkpoint gates, you're not actually racing. In Mario Kart Wii, you are racing on battle tracks in Tournament Mode, really but it looks really cramped and stuff.

An open hub world in a racing game works only if it's very big and there's a lot of stuff to do and oogle at. If there isn't anything to see or secrets to find, it'll get boring quickly. One thing that did irk me in Burnout Paradise is that if you fail or quit a mission, you have to travel all the way back to the area you want to do the mission, wasting a lot of time in the process. Should have let you pick it from the menu...even if it DOES mean loading times for this game.

I like longer times to decide which track you want to race on first. It just adds to the fun and you can either avoid boring tracks or just pick them to do them first.

Back