What type of new Mario character would you want to see next?

Which one would you want?

• Total voters
TheFarmboy said:
Not fond is introducing more princesses. Because how many monarchies does the Mushroom World need?

and all of them are female for some reason

Yeah, why not a president that gets kidnapped? :rolleyes:

Baby Luigi said:
TheFarmboy said:
Not fond is introducing more princesses. Because how many monarchies does the Mushroom World need?

and all of them are female for some reason

Well it can't be a monarchy if it's male

Cuz if your Male it's a dictatorship even if you got the king title.

Striker Mario said:

How about a female plumber that can join Mario and Luigi? That'd make things more interesting.

i disagree. mario and luigi together are interesting and fine as they are.

Two is companions. Three is a crowd. Something like that.

Striker Mario said:
the president has been kidnapped by ninjakoopas

are you a bad enough plumber to rescue the president?

How about we actually have Princess Eclair in a Mario game? She was only mentioned multiple times in TTYD. We never actually see her.

Personally instead of new types of Mario characters altogether, I'd like to see the current races we have explored a bit more. With the normalization of Toads in newer games and the fact that Bowser and other similar Koopas look so different from the normal ones (something I've always been curious about), I think it'd be interesting to have some more development for species we already have.

New species or races of Mario characters are a great idea. It could refresh the series up a bit.

Come to think of it, I'd like to see some new undead species. I haven't played much of anything recent besides Super Mario Maker so there might already be something.

I think introducing a brand new human Mario character or "major" villain would be a bad idea for some of the existing characters.

I mean, I've been waiting for Daisy to make her Smash debut for quite a while now, and a new human could absolutely ruin this.

Don't be silly Memoryman, a new character won't hurt her chances of getting in.

She has to actually have a chance in the first place.

She does have a chance. Just as how Alph has a chance.

I still think it's a bit dumb that Daisy is stuck to a palette swap than a model swap.

Baby Luigi said:
I still think it's a bit dumb that Daisy is stuck to a palette swap than a model swap.

I think they would have done it by now if it was that easy/fitting for her character. Look at Alph. He shares all of his animations with Olimar in Bingo Battle.

Thing is, the Mario cast is so wide and gigantic, there's still characters they haven't even used outside of one game. Seriously, look at all the characters in the SNES version of Wario's Woods; there's so much potential there. I don't think that we need any more Mario characters, at least, not until the one-gamers get their next appearance.

Nevertheless, maybe a human villain would be a nice addition. Maybe a big game hunter? I dunno.

if i'm to be completely honest, i'd rather have bowser step back from being the main villain all the time, make way for a new villain (one who's not a monarch attempting to take over the world by stealing a fucking princess), maybe set bowser down to minor hero, minor villain, or even main hero

that's what i liked about the mario & luigi series (at least the first three anyway), as they brought in some new villains who actually posed a threat

As much as I want them to use the existing characters better, I wouldn't object to a new character already based on an existing level. Something kind of like Toadsworth, maybe for the Yoshi series or something.

A new princess? lol Try a new prince. I wouldn't mind a prince of Birabuto or something like that. Hubba hubba

I'd rather have a new (female) villain

I would go with the green Boomboxer which was planned in the beta Super Paper Mario. I named it Blareboxer. (Blare and Boxer) they're stronger than Beepboxers but weaker than Blastboxers. I would also like to see characters similar to the Punies from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door but I really have no idea whether it should share any resemblance or not. Another one I would love to see is FIRE SPIKE and SHINY CLUBBA basically the fire spike throws fireballs and the Shiny Clubba is stronger than a normal Clubba. Lastly I would also love to see Heronicus's Flopside counterpart appear as well.
So those are my ideas for new characters I hope you think they're cool. :)

This is actually pretty funny: a new species is the most successful at the monent, and indeed we got:

PMCS-Huey.png

Orange_Big_Paint_Star.png

Why do we usually say that Nintendo doesn't listen to fans?

i don't see what's wrong with a floating bucket?

Baby Luigi said:
i don't see what's wrong with a floating bucket?
Nothing actually. Huey also seems an interesting character, from what I have seen. I like that Nintendo did introduce new characters, of species that are new and highly unusual as well (a bucket and stars made of paint). I find it funny that they did that in a game that's being written off because of the lack of them, probably even rightfully so. There's really something odd in this whole situation.

Back