Most memorable cutscenes from Mario games

I don't know why everyone blows up in the end of that opening

At least Baby Mario avoided it.

The intro and ending to Super Paper Mario, I loved them so much I downloaded videos of them on my school issued laptop in 11th grade just to watch in my spare time.

As much as I dislike the direction it's taking the series, Color Splash has a pretty good ending cutscene too. Huey was a good character so I was sad to see him go.

Fresh Bowser said:
The intro and ending to Super Paper Mario, I loved them so much I downloaded videos of them on my school issued laptop in 11th grade just to watch in my spare time.

As much as I dislike the direction it's taking the series, Color Splash has a pretty good ending cutscene too. Huey was a good character so I was sad to see him go.
To be fair, I think that Color Splash has the best intro of any Paper Mario game, up until after the appearance of the game's title.

I really liked how the title appeared on a stormy night with dramatic music, it gave maybe even excessive expectations.
Not even Super Paper Mario was that dramatic, and effectively a colorless Toad was never delivered to an horrified Mario during an intro before...

In the intro of Mario Super Sluggers, Wario trying to pick up a baseball lying on a manhole, only for water to spray in his face and getting hit by the ball on his head.

If we can count Super Smash Bros. Brawl

When Meta Knight rescues Lucas and Pokemon Trainer from falling to death, after they free themselves from the self-destructing Galleom.

The best part about that scene is how he left Wario behind

The Lake Shore's cutscenes, but for the wrong reasons.

Kirby straight up ditches Peach, Bowser comes in from nowhere, amiibos her, evil Peach is born, Link and Yoshi amiibo her (but in combat which is somehow more ethical), she dissolves, Mario just fucking Usain Bolts it to them, ready to murder his dinosaur pal, King Dedede appears to snatch the Mario and Pit amiibos, surprise Kirby, he saves specifically those two, because fuck Luigi, Ness, and Zelda despite Link specifically recognizing her, and then the five proceed to accomplish absolutely nothing until they meet up with the others.

Magikrazy said:
Mario just *bleep*ing Usain Bolts it to them, ready to murder his dinosaur pal
I don't have a problem with that. 8)

When Bowser betrayed Antasma in Dream Team.

Makes me giddy every time I see it.

Or that moment when he defeats Mario in the beginning of Paper Mario.
Or that time he crashed the star festival.
Or when a player lands on his space.

Ah hell let's be realistic here, the guy makes such a showing he's almost always memorable when on screen.

When Bowser crashes the Speak Up quiz in Mario Party 6.

I remember the first time my sister and I reacted to it. Took us completely off guard since we played Speak Up before, and Bowser crashes it whenever he feels like it. It was hilarious because we were making Wario lose on purpose and seeing Bowser punish him for it.

The reunion of Peach and Mario at the end of the original Super Mario Bros. While the cutscene was awful (what do you expect from the NES), it still felt like a massive accomplishment to finally, after all of that work, finish your adventure.

Back