Most memorable cutscenes from Mario games

The family vacation that was disturbed.

Walkazo said:
"I'm your... mama?" is the most memorable one for me - for all the wrong reasons.

I like how Peach asks that herself. I mean, shouldn't she know?

Baby Luigi said:
Walkazo said:
"I'm your... mama?" is the most memorable one for me - for all the wrong reasons.

To be fair babies come from storks in the mario world.

Mcmadness said:
Baby Luigi said:
Walkazo said:

To be fair babies come from storks in the mario world.
With the exception of the Koopalings, according to the Japanese Palutena's guidance:
http://www.mariowiki.com/Talk:Koopalings#What_does_Viridi_add_in_the_Japanese_Palutena_Guidance_in_Super_Smash_Bros._for_Wii_U.3F

And now, let's open the burning question of whether Bowser Jr. should be considered like the Koopalings or not...

The Palutena's guidance doesn't outright confirm. Even so, the stork probably incubated and then delivered the children or the stork handed over the eggs for Bowser to incubate them.

Bowser Jr. is the only confirmed child of Bowser left, so I suppose not.

Striker Mario said:
The Palutena's guidance doesn't outright confirm. Even so, the stork probably incubated and then delivered the children or the stork handed over the eggs for Bowser to incubate them.
Ok, then we have now to deal with this:
Although the "stork delivering eggs" theory is quite nice, to be honest.

Even if it was true/canon (although Mario has no canon), still wouldn't discredit stork delivery.

I know I already said a memorable cutscene but I just keep thinking back to Super Paper Mario now and
the destruction of World 6. Oh, man... When you walk through the door, and even before then. It really hits it in how serious it is when one of the denizens pretty much loses his mind to despair.

Magikrazy said:
Palutena's Guidance comes from Smash Bros, which is not canon to any Nintendo series.
Striker Mario said:
Even if it was true/canon (although Mario has no canon), still wouldn't discredit stork delivery.
Ok, just for fun:
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/11/20/yoshis-woolly-worlds-burning-questions.aspx

So, in Yoshi's universe, children are delivered by storks, but in the Mushroom Kingdom...

ルイージ said:
I know I already said a memorable cutscene but I just keep thinking back to Super Paper Mario now and
the destruction of World 6. Oh, man... When you walk through the door, and even before then. It really hits it in how serious it is when one of the denizens pretty much loses his mind to despair.
I think that part is one of the best of Super Paper Mario, possibly even the best, the one in which the regular structure of the game flow is ruined and the threat is finally seen for what it is in all its tragedy.
And if you talk to the Sammer Guys it's impressive to see the tension building up!

Mister Wu said:
Magikrazy said:
Palutena's Guidance comes from Smash Bros, which is not canon to any Nintendo series.
Striker Mario said:
Ok, just for fun:
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/11/20/yoshis-woolly-worlds-burning-questions.aspx

So, in Yoshi's universe, children are delivered by storks, but in the Mushroom Kingdom...
People in neighboring worlds go to Yoshi's universe to receive their children, which their storks deliver i.e. most people are born Yoshi's universe, the Mario version of a hospital.

The scene in Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door before fighting the final battle with the Shadow Queen for me. Where everyone gives Mario their hope:

And this one from Mario & Luigi Paper Jam, where Bowser annihilates Peach's Castle:

That's when we knew that Bowser meant business.

Nothing beats Bowser's pre-battle line in Super Mario Sunshine: "Mario, how dare you disturb my family vacation! *Roars*", in my opinion anyway. The next best cutscenes are those where Mario speaks like a normal person, specially the Mario vs Donkey Kong ones (Come back here, you big-a monkey!").

Thanks for reading.

I never forget the Super Mario Galaxy ending.

Actually all the cutscenes are amazing in mario galaxy as opposed to the sequel. If nintendo is gonna make a remake of super mario galaxy 2 they should really work on them, not gonna lie

:mario: Ah! Luigi! You saved-a Mario! Way to go! Number 1!

:luigi: ...here, doggy?

:mario: That's my bro!
:luigi: Thanks, M-M-Mario.

:luigi: ...I did it.

I'm going to have to agree with FearTear, the ending of Dark Moon is one of my favorite gaming endings.

Mario Power Tennis probably had the most entertaining opening, and the bloopers add to the humor as well.

However, what I find to be ironic is that while Bowser helped Wario and Waluigi try to take down the Mario Bros., in Mario Super Sluggers, Bowser actually stopped Wario and Waluigi from taking out Mario. If Bowser feels that he should be the one to take down Mario, why would he help Wario and Waluigi in the first place?

MnSG said:
However, what I find to be ironic is that while Bowser helped Wario and Waluigi try to take down the Mario Bros., in Mario Super Sluggers, Bowser actually stopped Wario and Waluigi from taking out Mario. If Bowser feels that he should be the one to take down Mario, why would he help Wario and Waluigi in the first place?

I think it could be that in Power Tennis, Wario and Waluigi simply wanted to beat Mario and Luigi in a game of tennis. Bowser trained Wario and Waluigi so they could compete against them (although how Bowser would benefit from this is anyones guess).

You saw the giant firework from that Bullet Bill in Mario Super Sluggers? Imagine if THAT blew up in the arena.

Baby Luigi said:
You saw the giant firework from that Bullet Bill in Mario Super Sluggers? Imagine if THAT blew up in the arena.

Things would get nasty, but Wario is used to being beaten up anyways.

One cutscene I also really like is the intro to Tropical Freeze

Back