The Nostalgia Thread

This startup sound is also very nostalgic for me. It is my nostalgia after all.

PrincessPeach1989 said:

i legit thought this was a german/swiss/whatever production because of well you know.

Also they showed it on the tv channel where you least expect anime, the public broadcasting network.

i watched kablam quite a bit but i have no memory of angela anaconda

kinda wish teennick would air kablam that was a kickass show

Here is another thing from my nostalgia.

Network_Q_RAC_Rally_Championship.jpg

This was my first game I actually played (not counting that educational shit). It was on those old Windows 98 PCs of mine.

Ok, so some noteworthy shows of my childhood
110.jpg

latest

309329_1254912485940_full.jpg

latest

3625814.jpg

sailor-moon.jpg

(Ok, but I still enjoy sailor moon, but back then I watched it dubbed and I watched it subbed a couple of years ago and still loved it, crystal sucks tho)
Beyblade-anime-9973266-1024-768.jpg

Gladiators-90s-331492.jpg

latest

SCD.jpg

(ok, but I still watch strictly to this day as I have watched it right since series 1 and haven't stopped)
There are probably others but those are the ones i can remember rn and there is a mixed bag as i was into a mixed bag when i was younger

Fox Mulder said:
The Gamecube menu ambiance scared the *bleep* out of me

PS2 was worse.
System is on. Now here's a gaping void with echoing windy sounds bellowing out of it while you put your game disk in.

Didn't the Xbox have some weird things happen when you left it on the menu too long?

What the heck was that generation of gaming consoles hoping to achieve by making their owners extremely uncomfortable

Fox Mulder said:
Didn't the Xbox have some weird things happen when you left it on the menu too long?

Yep.
tumblr_nv1r259RoP1rw70wfo1_500.png

What the heck was that generation of gaming consoles hoping to achieve by making their owners extremely uncomfortable

Just each system attempting to be as next gen as it could.

It's been a very, very long time since I last heard the Windows XP theme.

And a tutorial system with a 3D animated and fully voiced Einstein character who'd guide you around your desktop.

Fox Mulder said:

distorted clips of NASA transmissions, yup.

Walkazo said:
My work computer still runs Windows XP.
Wow, they must be ancient. But at least they can run those old edutainment games (related to this thread too).

Fox Mulder said:
Windows XP had extremely entertaining screensavers
Nothing beats the trippy maze with the lego globe thing and that brown rat thing which I thought was a dog when I was little (edit) and that gray rock thing that turns you upside down.

maze2-600x449.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Oh, also, remember this?

5KgEoYL.gif

This is nostalgic. The Windows 98 Welcome Box.

Alucard and Zero said:

"Ongggg, doodle-ing! Ding ding ding ding! Welcome to Windows 98. WHY ARE YOU STILL USING WINDOWS 98?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?! STOP BUYING COMPUTERS FROM THRIFT STORES, MAN!"

gotta love h*r

Giffy Giffy said:
Alucard and Zero said:

"Ongggg, doodle-ing! Ding ding ding ding! Welcome to Windows 98. WHY ARE YOU STILL USING WINDOWS 98?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?! STOP BUYING COMPUTERS FROM THRIFT STORES, MAN!"

gotta love h*r

I am not still using Windows 98. I don't buy computers from thrift stores.

Back