Iwata Passes Away

Nightmare Chica said:
This isn't the end of nintendo, right?

That's the second guy on the team to die.

I'm sure they'll find someone to replace Iwata.

Glitchy said:
Nightmare Chica said:

wont be easy for the staff though.

I mean they can, but its more of an emotional thing. I mean if we feel bad about it, i cant even imagine how the workers of nintendo are feeling.

Nightmare Chica said:
no, i wouldn't believe so

also i give my thoughts out to nintendo and his family and friends, and i'm sorry for their loss

I just saw this on Twitter after being away the entire day. I'm absolutely speechless and distraught. I had no idea he had a tumor. Iwata has had such a big impact on my life and this was all so unexpected. Rest in peace. I can't even process this.

Nightmare Chica said:

No it's not the end. But it's not going to feel the same again...

Pascal said:
Glitchy said:
Nightmare Chica said:

wont be easy for the staff though.

I mean they can, but its more of an emotional thing. I mean if we feel bad about it, i cant even imagine how the workers of nintendo are feeling.

I know. This is probably a very hard time for Nintendo.

oh my god

this...is just heartbreaking

rip iwata, you were a great man. thank you for making us games that we enjoyed so much

Nintendo is not going to end because of this. It didn't end when the last president stepped down.

But it's definitely hard. I know I've been a little emotional since I got the news. It's hard because like everything you love about Nintendo, and so many of the great things from it are because of him, and the times he's joked around at E3 or at Nintendo Directs, and all the sacrifices he made for Nintendo like cutting his salary in half.

It's just really sad.

My emotional state is definitely changed from this....it's heart-wrenching and I can almost feel the tears coming out of my eyes.

I feel really guilty about being mad at Nintendo and how Iwata apologized for the amiibo shortage and the latest E3.

He shouldn't have died when Nintendo is dealing with so many struggles right now. It just doesn't seem fair..

I'm actually crying for the first time in a very long time.

Rest in Peace Satoru Iwata. May your contribution to the industry and the lives of gamers worldwide be forever remembered and continue to be inspiring for generations to come.

...wow. This is just...absolutely shocking, upsetting news.

Rest in peace, Mr. Iwata. Thank you for all you've done.

RandomYoshi said:
I have so many things I want to say about this, but I do not know where to start, so I will leave the thread with this:

no

bad
please understand

That wasn't too soon, was it?

I can't really add much that hasn't been said already but RIP, Iwata. His contribution to Nintendo, and gaming as a whole, won't be forgotten.

Can't say the next Nintendo Direct's going to feel the same without him. :(

tumblr_nrehibsYcf1s1rpgbo1_540.gif

Greg Universe said:
Can't say the next Nintendo Direct's going to feel the same without him. :(
in addition to this, his iwata asks columns were the most charming dev interviews i've had the pleasure of reading and i hope Nintendo finds a way to continue them b/c it would be terribly sad if they were to suddenly stop [nobbc]:([/nobbc]

I just heard the news. I'm still kinda speechless. He just had this incredible charm to him that made him so enjoyable to watch. Not to mention he was a master programmer. Rest in peace.

Back