Metroid Prime: Federation Force

chillv said:
Can someone please tell me how this isn't a metroid game or at least a spinoff?

Well, no one is saying that it isn't a metroid game (people saying it's a spin-off too), it's just that it's not what they expected or necessarily wanted.

Baby Luigi said:
chillv said:
Can someone please tell me how this isn't a metroid game or at least a spinoff?

Well, no one is saying that it isn't a metroid game (people saying it's a spin-off too), it's just that it's not what they expected or necessarily wanted.

I thought I heard people saying it (not here, outside of the forums). Although to be honest, fans will often say stuff like that. "This isn't ____" It's simply because they have their perception of what the series is that they believe very strongly in. It's just there is an unfortunate fact that our perception may not be how the actual creators behind the series are, not to mention they may have their own ideas and plans.

I've never really cared for the Metroid series to be honest. I only played Metroid Prime and never finished it. I've gotten Super Metroid on Virtual Console. However, nothing on E3 I would say disappointed me, so I just don't get the fans' feeling. Usually I wait to play it to say it is a dissappointment. Even then, I don't be so strong about it. For example, I never asked for Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer or Amiibo Festival. I'm a die-hard Animal Crossing fan, and as much as I would love an AC game on Wii U, I don't mind a couple spinoffs instead, until we get one. Not to mention this kind of branching out into other areas could actually be beneficial to the series and help it expand into something unlike we've ever seen before.

I guess the same could apply to this game. It seems to focus on multiplayer, which I've never really seen the Metroid series have like that. Perhaps this game would help the Metroid series become something that can be a solo or co-operative experience.

Well those type people tend to use "real" as an adjective and would cling on to the No True Scotsman fallacy (ie: no REAL metroid fan would like this game!) to irrationally slander a game they personally don't like. The gaming community is full of these type of people, so I'm not the bit surprised by people who call this not a "real" Metroid game.

The direct made me even more hype. I just hope this game can be played on normal 3DS.

I wouldn't hate this nearly as much if it wasn't all chibi kawaii desu.

I realize that it's an incredibly minor thing to bitch and moan about but it just looks so bad for the series it's coming from. It's Next Level so I have no doubt that the game will be at least decent but...

hahahahahahahaha

I can't believe you actually have to put the bullet into the protagonist of the series.

sylux at the end tho

Back