Metroid Prime: Federation Force

Purple Yoshi said:
Oh, man, the fanboy rage is real.

My reaction is just 'meh'. I'm not the biggest fan of Metroid. And the game doesn't look awful. We should at least play it before deciding "METROID IS DEAD!"

of course metroid isnt dead, we have am2r!

metroid isnt alone, castlevania is also more or less dead

I just don't understand Nintendo's decision on this. I also feel slightly insulted by the fact that Reggie has come out and said that "they know what the fans want", but if that's the case then why is Nintendo so adamant about producing a product that clearly isn't what their fans want? I don't understand this train of thought.

Well, Nintendo just isn't listening to their fans nowadays, except for the Mario sports, I guess. We have amiibos, now we have Animal Crossing Party and Metroid Prime Federation Force, both which are announced at a terrible time.

Well at least there is a good thing that came out of not listening to your fans which is no announcement for a new Super Mario Galaxy

But yeah, I think Nintendo is at their peak of obtusity this year. I still think amiibos are by far the worst of it, to the point where even I started to believe that their shortage was intentional rather than them being idiots about it but this and Animal Crossing are near those levels.

I was about to hate amiibo Festival more but when I read that the game is free, then I'm a little bit more ok with it. Until the amiibo that it requires becomes mind-numblingly idioticly rare to obtain....that is.

As for the new Metroid game, it's really a shame that the Wii U has been abandoned in favor of the next one. I firmly think the Wii U has potential to be a great console.

Baby Luigi said:
I was about to hate amiibo Festival more but when I read that the game is free, then I'm a little bit more ok with it. Until the amiibo that it requires becomes mind-numblingly idioticly rare to obtain....that is.

If you buy the game you get 2 amiibo and 3 cards.
Source: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/miscellaneous-animal-crossing-amiibo-festival-nintendo-wii-u-misc/10380778.aspx

Well are those amiibo exclusively bundled with the game or not....? Let's take that to the amiibo Festival topic.

Again as I said, the game does look a bit appealing......don't kill me for that. It's a co-op blaster and co-op's always a nice thing to have (sorta like how Hyrule Warriors and Four Swords interest me more than any other Zelda game) though it is astray from the point of Metroid being a solo game.

Cirdec said:
Baby Luigi said:

If you buy the game you get 2 amiibo and 3 cards.
Source: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/miscellaneous-animal-crossing-amiibo-festival-nintendo-wii-u-misc/10380778.aspx
I meant to link to this. Thank you Cirdec!

To be fair I did think of something like this game happening before. That's one of the reasons I'm not as upset about it. Another is the fact that the game just overall looks more fun at this point. We should also keep in mind that this is certainly npt Next Level's first attempt at multiplayer.

Watching gameplay of Federation Force, it doesn't look horrible, I just don't think I'll go for it as my first Metroid game.

It never looked horrible. The only problem it has is that it's a Metroid IP. It's a problem that plagued Star Fox Adventures and the like.

Lumastar said:
At the least it looks more like a Metroid game than Star Fox Adventures is a Star Fox game.

idk, at least Star Fox Adventures had Fox show up at all, I can't see Samus in Federation force

Epic Nitwit said:
the developers have repeatedly stated that samus will be appearing in the game
just probably not as a playable character

At least Fox is playable in Star Fox Adventures, I can't play as Samus in Federation Force.

Yeah, it is completely disappointing, but what is even crazier is the fan's reactions. Nintendo may have screwed up lately with the Wii U and Federation Force, but they are a gaming company, and they are not going to abandon a game they have probably been working on for a few years now. Honestly, Nintendo knows what's best for us. Do you remember when very few people like Splatoon during the summer of last year? Look at it now, it's a great game. Am I saying that Federation Force is the new Metriod game we wanted? No, of course not. But is it the worse game on the face of the earth? No.

I mean it's literally just a harmless spin-off i'm sure they have another traditional metroid game planned/being worked on.

advanafire said:
Honestly, Nintendo knows what's best for us. Do you remember when very few people like Splatoon during the summer of last year? Look at it now, it's a great game.

I still don't like Splatoon now, but that's a different thread.

And I really beg to differ that Nintendo knows what's best for us. Questionable decisions in Super Mario Maker is one of them.

Regardless, I don't think Federation Force is the sign of the next apocalypse as fans put it out as. It really shouldn't have used the Metroid IP because beneath it, it looks like a decent game.

Baby Luigi said:
advanafire said:
Honestly, Nintendo knows what's best for us. Do you remember when very few people like Splatoon during the summer of last year? Look at it now, it's a great game.

I still don't like Splatoon now, but that's a different thread.

And I really beg to differ that Nintendo knows what's best for us. Questionable decisions in Super Mario Maker is one of them.

Regardless, I don't think Federation Force is the sign of the next apocalypse as fans put it out as. It really shouldn't have used the Metroid IP because beneath it, it looks like a decent game.
I think Splatoon is the most disappointing game of this year. I despise it.

LunarTanooki said:
...Well you know what they say: "Don't judge a book by it's cover".

The game might be interesting for all we know.
That's what I'm hoping it will be. After all, it's Next Level Games and just bad timing.

Can someone please tell me how this isn't a metroid game or at least a spinoff?

Back