Is Rosalina overdone?

Rosalina was a nice addition.

I'm just glad there's a female character that's not getting kidnapped all the time.

It's not like she was the first.

Toadette
Wendy
Daisy excluding SML
The female partners in the PM series
Other female villains (Cackletta, Princess Shroob, Shadow Queen, etc)

Mario Party 10 had to be very questionable, because I find it very disturbing to see Rosalina get mauled by Bowser, along with any random hazards or events that are in that game.

Anyway, Rosalina is still basically a secondary Mario Universe character, especially since she's not playable in 3D World until "after" you've completed the main story.

Magikrazy said:
Rosalina was a nice addition.

I'm just glad there's a female character that's not getting kidnapped all the time.

Not that it means much. She was still about as useful as Peach in SMB3

i think its fine shes appearing in things
though i can see why other people complain about her being in things and not their favourites
i hope they keep including her in games cause shes top tier

Re: Is Rosalina overdaone?

I think instead of introducing a new "main" character to the series, they decided to use some old ones, like Rosalina. Rosalina had a perfect personally in Super Mario Galaxy, which made her interesting mysterious character. Which was the best for her. Super Mario Galaxy 2 made me like here even more, it extended her personality and kept the old character as it is: away from the main roaster. Adding her to many other games, looks like a sudden idea. Destroyed the personality I made for her. Maybe I would like her in those games, if there was a Galaxy 3 or something, that showed her moving to the Mushrom Kingdom, after Mario saves her and the lumas. It currently feels like she is a different Rosalina.

Big Blue said:
Baby Luigi said:
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad, and Bowser
plus Yoshi.
Yoshi doesn't exist.

Megadardery said:
I think instead of introducing a new "main" character to the series, they decided to use some old ones, like Rosalina. Rosalina had a perfect personally in Super Mario Galaxy, which made her interesting mysterious character. Which was the best for her. Super Mario Galaxy 2 made me like here even more, it extended her personality and kept the old character as it is: away from the main roaster. Adding her to many other games, looks like a sudden idea. Destroyed the personality I made for her. Maybe I would like her in those games, if there was a Galaxy 3 or something, that showed her moving to the Mushrom Kingdom, after Mario saves her and the lumas. It currently feels like she is a different Rosalina.
This sums up my thoughts. Again, as I said before, Rosalina feels like "just another damn princess" than her own character.

In a Honest Trailer voice guy voice.
- "Watch as Nintendo transform this calm, mysterious observer of the universe into a very-happy, peach-like, no-echo-y-voice, not-lonely, more-in-spin-offs, top-tier, fan-favourite, very-popular princess piece of ***!"

Man people are way too uppity about how Rosalina is portrayed in games where she is playable

I must admit, Rosalina has been used VERY much recently (the fact that she's playable in Super Smash Bros. 4 and Super Mario 3D World upsets Daisy fans, as that means Rosalina has moved up ahead of her on the metaphorical totem pole). She's not a bad character though (I personally think she's a pretty cool chick), so not many people have a problem with her becoming part of the main cast. I've seen some fans who are "too Cuckoo" for Rosalina though, so part of me thinks that this is all just a big ol' mess of fanservice...

Glitchy said:
Baby Dark Metal Pink Gold Tanooki Cat Peach Jr. and Knuckles featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series

As long as it's pre-DMC Dante then that actually sounds awesome

Bump: as expected, Rosalina's inclusion in Puzzle and Marios turns out to feel forced and ultimately pointless.

Mario Party Σ said:
Bump: as expected, Rosalina's inclusion in Puzzle and Marios turns out to feel forced and ultimately pointless.

King Boo was never involved in the New Super Mario Bros. titles either. Strangely, the Reznors are absent, despite being tower bosses in New Super Mario Bros. 2.

MnSG said:
Mario Party Σ said:

King Boo was never involved in the New Super Mario Bros. titles either. Strangely, the Reznors are absent, despite being tower bosses in New Super Mario Bros. 2.
That's true, but he feels okay since we have normal Boos and Petey Piranha. Rosalina could've had Lumas or other Super Mario Galaxy things here. Also considering the context of how Rosalina is treated recently, she feels even more forced.

Back