Is Rosalina overdone?

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
Simple question, due to how prevalent she is in many games as of late despite being a fairly young Mario character do you think shes over exposed and overdone or do you think it's perfectly ok?

I think some games she's in she really doesn't have any business of being there (thinking of Puzzles and Dragons and Super Mario 3D World)

I have no problem with Rosalina, though I am slightly jealous that Nintendo listened to her fanbase but not certain other character fanbases.

She's kinda overused in Mario Kart though, and I wouldn't have put her in Smash. Still better than Daisy though.

Baby Luigi said:
I think some games she's in she really doesn't have any business of being there (thinking of Puzzles and Dragons and Super Mario 3D World)

What exactly does it mean to have business being there though?

She is a good character but I fail to see why she needed to be in Smash and 3D World, they went too fast with her.

• Super Mario Galaxy- She's perfect here.
• Mario Kart- I'm fine with each of her appearances.
• Super Mario Galaxy 2- This was basically an extended cameo, but seeing her again was nice. She also played a somewhat notable role as the Cosmic Guide, which was pretty neat.
• Mario Party: Island Tour- It's just a cameo, so I can't really say much.
• Super Mario 3D World- I do think that including her was a nice gift from the developers for completing the game. However, I wish that they had done a bit more with her. Why can't she levitate in the air? Why does she come out of nowhere? Why is she so freaking short? (There's an explanation for the last one, but still.)
• Mario Golf: World Tour- I love how they represent her. She's not in a sports outfit like Peach and Daisy, she has some pretty cool animations (seriously, her being shown as basically psychic was awesome), and she makes sense on the golf course.
• Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U- She is an awesome character in Smash. I love playing as her, and she's represented very well. However, that doesn't excuse the fact that she wouldn't be my first choice. Junior (who almost didn't get in due to her), Toad, and (arguably) Waluigi deserved to be in first. Regardless, she does represent (love 'em or hate 'em) two of the most critically acclaimed games of all time, so she's not the worst they could have gone with.
• Mario Party 10- She should have been the host. That's just the general gist of it. She would have been perfect as the host. Of course, nope; she had to be playable. I guess you could argue that she had her amiibo for Smash and they could put her in amiibo Party. In that case, where's Diddy Kong?
In my time with the game, I have played as her. I can't say that I hated playing as her. However, that's not the role she should have taken. At least she's tall this time.
• Puzzles & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition- I can't say too much since the game's not out yet, but I will say that I hope she has a proper introduction this time (not gonna happen). I can see why she's in the game at least, being a playable character in 3D World and all.

Overall, I like the character a lot still and can accept that she's the next big recurring character. I just hope that she gets better, more proper reception in the future based on some games in recent past and present (Puzzles & Dragons).

nope she's fabulous

although imo Toad deserved 2BN Smash more than her

No she's medium-rare.

But no matter what game she's in she usually raises the steaks.

I remember my reactions to her being in Smash.

* Oh. It's Kirby! NEW KIRBY GAME?!
* What's this? It doesn't look like a planet.
* Rainbow Road? MARIO KART? KIRBY'S IN MARIO KART?! AW YES!!!
* Donkey Kong's fur looks so good!
* Huh? What's that?
* Kirby's landing. Time for him to hit the road with Mario and friends! C'mon, gameplay!
* Oh, it's Luma. I guess this means that Rosalina is back. I guess it makes since with 3D World and all.
* There she is! I think it's time for some gamepl-
ROSALINA & LUMA LAUNCH INTO BATTLE!
* (@o@)
* Smash? A NEW SMASH CHARACTER? OH MY!
* Does this mean that we're getting more Smash newcomers now? OH MY!
* She looks so good! And she can summon a Launch Star for her up recovery? All my yeses!
* OH MY! OH MY! Aw, it's over? Dang it. That was so good!

Mario Kart 8 only looked okay after that.

I can see why Rosalina appears more often since she's had a very good first impression, but I didn't really like it mainly because I felt that having her appear less would make her more special (kind of like Tatanga or Wart), so now she doesn't feel special now. It's the reason I refuse to read Rosalina's storybook in Super Mario Galaxy even when this option presents itself (currently, I am at the kitchen portion of the game).

Thanks for reading.

I have no problems with her. I don't see why I should be bothered by a mario series character in the mario series.

As for smash bros, she's a mario series character representing the mario series. I also have no qualms there.

Maki Nishikino said:
I have no problems with her. I don't see why I should be bothered by a mario series character in the mario series.

As for smash bros, she's a mario series character representing the mario series. I also have no qualms there.
you took the words right out of my mouth

Mcmadness said:
Baby Luigi said:

Like she's there...just because she's there

She has more business in those games than in Smash especially over characters who have been in the series longer like Waluigi and Paper Mario.

Baby Luigi said:
Mcmadness said:
Baby Luigi said:

Like she's there...just because she's there

Isn't that how most major characters get in?

Rosalina isn't exactly how I'd call her a "major" character especially at this point in the Mario series

Fair enough.

What do you consider to be major?

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad, and Bowser

Ah. Well I call them main characters. major for me are the secondary folk immediately afterwards

Florina said:
nope she's fabulous

although imo Toad deserved 2BN Smash more than her
Waluigi is more fabulous.

Rosalina doesn't deserve to be in Smash. Also, don't y'all remember the times when we wanted Rosalina to be playable in Mario Tennis Open, Mario Super Sluggers, Mario & Sonic, Fortune Street, etc.? That's history.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
She has more business in those games than in Smash especially over characters who have been in the series longer like Waluigi and Paper Mario.
so you think Waluigi and Paper Mario deserve 2BN Smash more than Rosalina because they've been around longer. but you also want Rosalina over Toad, who's been in the series longer than Rosalina, Paper Mario, and Waluigi.

wat?

He has a personal vendetta over Toad.

Which I call BS because it's not like my personal vendetta on Yoshi is beyond opaque.

Back