I wonder what the next NSMB game will be like

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
I know people give the series flack for lack of originality but I think thats mainly due to 2 similar games being released at a very close proximity. If they made another one that took better advantage of the wii u's technology they could easily create one that feels fresh or interesting.

Another New Super Mario Bros game won't appear until the next handheld. It's been one NSMB per console, so that's what I'm going by.

I hope they go back to different bosses for the end castles.

Koopalings can still be fortress bosses, but I miss the likes of Mummypokey.

Magikrazy said:
Another New Super Mario Bros game won't appear until the next handheld. It's been one NSMB per console, so that's what I'm going by.

I hope they go back to different bosses for the end castles.

Koopalings can still be fortress bosses, but I miss the likes of Mummypokey.

The fact that NSMBU came so early in the wii u's life cycle makes me think they could be making a new one.

Would be kinda neat if they packaged one in with Mario Maker.

I agree with bosses. I'd do it the way they seem to be doing it on puzzles and dragons where you go through a castle with a boss, then go through their special airships.

Likely: Probably more influence from the original Mario games minus Super Mario Bros.2.

Giant Bowser's return.

Nabbit's return.

Those Baby Yoshis with rumbling tummies.

Boom Boom
Koopalings & Bowser.Jr
Kamek
giant common Mario enemy

Unlikely:

Super Mario Bros 2 references, even if it was based on another game, it still a good game, no shame exists.

Yoshi return as dinosaur Yoshi, something you will expect me to say. *Closes mouth tight and whacks head with a mallet*

Super Mario Land references, Wario needs to appear as a miniboss or something, throw in Waluigi if possible.

Donkey Kong as a mini boss

Cirdec said:
Mario, Luigi, Yellow Toad and Blue Toad as playable characters.

This, pretty much

Replace one toad with Peach, Baby Luigi gets kidnapped instead.

Mcmadness said:
Replace one toad with Peach, Baby Luigi gets kidnapped instead.

Ok....so.....the plot.....why Baby Luigi....in the present time....why bring him there

Well somebody has to take the fall. Baby Luigi is perfect.

The Sprixies can get kidnapped again. Leave Baby Luigi alone!

I think it would be more emotionally satisfying if you rescued Baby Luigi.

And it would be emotionally distracting as it did in Yoshi's Island

Nonsense! Baby Luigi being kidnapped is the right thing to do.

Why can't Wario be the main villain and Baby Luigi gets stolen because Wario is Wario?

Fine I don't really care if Baby Luigi is stolen as long as he becomes an unlockable character

Oh no he'll just be in a bag the whole time.

Better have a muffler or else Bowser's ear will break.

Daisy wasn't kidnapped for a reason, you know?

Baby Luigi being an ear destroying thing hasn't stopped Kamek from kidnapping him

Baby Luigi said:
Baby Luigi being an ear destroying thing hasn't stopped Kamek from kidnapping him
Because Kamek is old and deaf.

Nah, that bag is sound proof.

All joking aside, I wouldn't have it be a kidnapping scenario.

Taking a bit from SML2 and 3D World, it would be about a foreign country being invaded and the leaders request help as they have been forcibly kicked out of their castle by Bowser (but managed to get away without being captured) and you need to get the keys to enter which were spread out across several worlds that you can visit in any order you wish.

Considering how far we are into New Super Mario Bros. series, this sounds far too original.

I got faith. NSMB2 was apparently made by an inexperienced team and NSMBU was a launch title.

i think the koopalings should be scrapped for more original bosses like in the first nsmb

maybe keep the koopalings as mini-bosses though

Back