The Mario & Luigi thread.

Because he knows Nintendo will never let him be kidnapped

I don't think Baby Mario likes seeing his brother kidnapped constantly

No, but he wouldn't be able to stop it

Fawful said:
To be honest I kinda expected Dream Team (before it was revealed) to have (M&LRPG)4 playable characters: Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi
I actually wanted that. So the Luigi thing was pretty disappointing. I think Waluigi and Wario would be great additions, a counterpart to the Mario and Luigi pair trying to steal their glory or something. Just don't make me play as them.

Mcmadness said:
Well like most Mario games the series relies on simplicity over complexity.
That being said, I'd like over-the-top designs for bosses.

DT has the most over the top bosses yet.

I love TTYD so much, but the Mario & Luigi games are overall better than all four Paper Marios averaged together.

I enjoy each one for different reasons, but I think that Dream Team is the best. It just feels like it takes so much that was good in each of the three original games and puts them together in one colorful and action-packed cartridge.

I just hope there will be more Mario & Luigi games. I have this feeling they may have intended Dream Team to be the finale (mainly because Bowser says "Green Stache--- I mean Luigi!" Weird reason to think that I know, but I just have the feeling)

I doubt it will end there, it was a success afterall. Though if it did it would end on a high note.

As long Yoshi is playable, I'll be happy.

Plotwise, maybe Mario and Luigi enter a Mirror World where the good and bad guys switch roles. It's cliché, but its all I could come up with and I've always wanted to see that in a Mario game. Closest we've had so far is Flopside in Super Paper Mario.

Donatello said:
Plotwise, maybe Mario and Luigi enter a Mirror World where the good and bad guys switch roles. It's cliché, but its all I could come up with and I've always wanted to see that in a Mario game. Closest we've had so far is Flopside in Super Paper Mario.
I'm not sure Yoshi should be playable, but the Mirror World idea is actually pretty great! And the boss battle between the four Bros., two good and two evil, would be epic for a penultimate boss.

Except there was no role swapping in Flopside. Nolrem is still a good guy.

Anyway I'd actually like that. Especially if in this new dimension, Fawful is still alive and joins you to defeat Dark Mario and Luigi, though I always thought Dark Mario should be a final boss in a Paper Mario game rather than Mario & Luigi, since all the other playable characters in SPM have been. Still, a Mario counterpart to Dark Bowser would be awesome.

As for Yoshi, hasn't he only appeared as a species in the Mario & Luigi series so far? Kinda like Toad?

Fawful said:
Anyway I'd actually like that. Especially if in this new dimension, Fawful is still alive and joins you to defeat Dark Mario and Luigi, though I always thought Dark Mario should be a final boss in a Paper Mario game rather than Mario & Luigi, since all the other playable characters in SPM have been. Still, a Mario counterpart to Dark Bowser would be awesome.
I actually had the same idea for a Dark Mario in Paper Mario. Basically, it starts out as this squid-like creature created by the big bads, but it grows and eventually takes on the appearance of Mario. After the player supposedly beats the final boss, Dark Mario appears to kill it and steal all of its powers to grow in strength. At the end of the game, it becomes a giant monster (think SA-X, but actually more dangerous in this form), and Mario fights it to the death.

Fawful said:
Except there was no role swapping in Flopside. Nolrem is still a good guy.

That's why I said "closest" and the rest of the Flopside citizens are basically polar opposites of their Flipside counterparts.

Fawful said:
Anyway I'd actually like that. Especially if in this new dimension, Fawful is still alive and joins you to defeat Dark Mario and Luigi,

Not just Fawful, but the other previous Mario and Luigi baddies as well.

Cackletta could be one of those witch doctors.

Fawful could be a huge muscle bound freedom fighter opposing Mirror Mario and Luigi.

The Shroobs could be benevolent aliens travelling the universe and giving advanced technology to help planets and civilizations evolve while a huge number of them have been captured and are forced to build hi tech weapons for Mirror Mario and Luigi.

Midbus could be a scientist helpnig the uncaptured Shroobs develop the needed technlogy to overthrow Mirror Mario and Luigi. Also, make him talk like Albert Einstein.

Antasma could be...an inn/shopkeeper NPC.

Fawful said:
As for Yoshi, hasn't he only appeared as a species in the Mario & Luigi series so far? Kinda like Toad?

Being a species hasn't stopped Yoshi from being playable in other games though.

I think Mirror Peach and Toadsworth should have a similar relationship as Bowser and Kammy from the first two Paper Mario games, and they fight together with Toadsworth healing Peach, and Peach is actually the muscle.

Donatello said:
What would you have Antasma do though? His personality didn't have much of a chance to shine due to getting hijacked by Bowser.
Develop it more in this game.

Donatello said:
What would you have Antasma do though? His personality didn't have much of a chance to shine due to getting hijacked by Bowser.

No. His personality shown through just fine, it was just extremely bland and uninteresting.

I guess.

Prince Peasley would probably be a foul mouthed spoiled brat.

Popple would be an honest CEO running his own badge company or something and have badge shops all over the Mirror Mushroom Kingdom.

Starlow would run evil errands of sorts for Mirror Mario and Luigi like demanding money.

Bowser would be a hippie/peace guru who's enlightened and wants to achieve world peace through non-violence.

The Yoshis would be feral creatures kept in dungeons and eat whoever Mirror Mario and Luigi want to execute.

Fawful said:
Peach is actually the muscle.

Wgbcwq3.png

today i learned you should never google "muscle peach". this is the least frightening result by far

Back