Power ups

I'd hate to bring this game up again, but in Super Paper Mario you could change characters through the pause screen. And it was the same way with partners in Paper Mario TTYD (though in the first one there was a separate menu for it)

I am interested in two categories of power-ups: enemy-based and character-based.

To elaborate on enemy-based, Mario had introduced power-ups based on existing enemies. For example, the Koopa Troopa-inspired Blue Shell allows Mario to be shielded in a shell and roll on the ground like a Koopa Troopa. The Hammer Bros and Boomerang Bros related power-ups allow Mario to throw hammers and boomerangs respectively.

Some of the inspirations I would like to see include:
- Lakitu: I don't mean riding on the cloud only, but also the ability to through stuff at your enemies. Perhaps this can only be done if a level is built around this ability, since it sounds powerful since you can fly anywhere.
- Amp: It's basically Mario with the ability to become electrified, which will defeat enemies that are not electrocuted. Not sure how the interaction with water should be: to damage Mario or to damage anything nearby?
- Bob-omb: This is inspired by Mario's Bob-omb form found in Super Mario Land 2's select file screen. Obviously, Mario doesn't actually die when he blows up. Perhaps this sounds suicidal (and might lead to a bad example), but I think it's got some potential.

As for character-based, I am kind of entertained of the idea that Luigi Mushroom is in Mario Maker, although we don't see this since E3 2014. I would like to see this idea expanded to other characters for Mario, because it would be funny to see Mario in forms that resemble the other characters. A Toad-related power-up would be fun to watch.

Thanks for reading.

I like the enemy based ones too. The Boo Mushroom needs to come back.

Also, maybe a Chomp Mushroom.

Good ideas, Bomb Mario sounds especially fun to use

Throwing bombs sounds nice. He could dress up like a demolitions expert!

Maybe Bomb Mario could work like Crash or Mike does in Kirby games

Back