Power ups

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
A very intricate part of the franchise. Name your favourites and come up with your own.

A simple topic to try and cure my boredom.

Right, my favourite power up, fire flower. A classic that for me never gets old. I love killing enemies with it.

As for an idea for a new one, I think one where you shoot electricity would be cool.

I'm on Club Feather.

We need a Mole Mario. We did get the drill in Galaxy 2, but the mole power-up would allow Mario to dig one block at a time.

A Blooper Mario power-up would also be pretty cool, as well as the electricity power-up. There's still so many things that can be done even now!

Propeller Suit is my favorite

I don't know why I like its design so much. Maybe because it looks like helicopters which are air vehicles and I like vehicles.

Anything that lets you fly is cool in my book. I wish the Red Star in Galaxy 1 had more use. As for a new power-up, perhaps something that lets you walk on lava.

I really like the cap powers in Super Mario 64. I wish powerups would go back to being temporary like that, at least in the 3D games. It ties in with how I want them to be more about exploration and less about point A-B.

As far as long-lasting powerups are concerned my favorite is the Cape Feather from SMW. I'd love to see it return honestly.

Also while Mega Mario is kinda "meh" to me in most games, I absolutely adore the Super Paper Mario incarnation. It really fits the style of the game while being a throwback to SMB at the same time. Plus the music rocks.

As for new power-ups, I think a Bowser Suit would be pretty neat. Kill any enemy in one stomp (even stuff like Chargin' Chucks) and breathe fire to burn away wood and reveal secret passages that the Fire Flower's fireballs are too weak to burn away. Pretty sure something like this was in a Mario Party game but not in the main series.

The mentioned Electric powerup would be neat too, but I'd actually rather it be exclusive to Luigi taking the place of the Fire Flower for Mario. It would be a nice nod to Superstar Saga.

Mole Mario has been done in a fangame, but I wouldn't mind seeing it implemented in an official game either. I'd also be interested in seeing the Hammer from Donkey Kong appear in a Super Mario platformer. Complete with a remix of the music from that game (I think this was in Treasure Tracker only with a pickaxe but can't say I've played that game)

The Hammer Bros suit for sure is my favorite.

How about a power up that gives Mario a crab suit?

I think the one where you transform into a another character while retaining your voice ala Super Mario 64 DS is good. I kind of wish to play as Yoshi with Mario's ridiculous hollering.

Speaking of the caps in SM64DS, there actually seems to be the equivalent of a "Yoshi cap" in the game's coding. I've managed to use an AR code to play as Mario/Luigi/Wario with Yoshi's appearance. They don't say anything when using the tongue, but other than that their voices are normal when jumping, etc. When hit by an enemy they revert to their normal form but don't drop a cap.

Fawful said:
The mentioned Electric powerup would be neat too, but I'd actually rather it be exclusive to Luigi taking the place of the Fire Flower for Mario. It would be a nice nod to Superstar Saga.

And you wonder why people get annoyed with you.

Mcmadness said:
Fawful said:

And you wonder why people get annoyed with you.
?

I fail to see how that statement is annoying in the slightest?

Your constant need to reference everything to those blasted rpgs of yours.

Christ sometimes I wish they never existed so I wouldn't have to put up with this crap.

Mcmadness said:
Christ sometimes I wish they never existed so I wouldn't have to put up with this crap.
well if you don't want to put up with it don't start arguments and just ignore him????????

Mcmadness said:

I can make the same exact argument about you constantly needing to complain about his posts.

I read about a Magikoopa power up where Mario wears a Magikoopa robe and fires magic spells out of a wand at the cost of not being able to run. Since we have the Koopa Shell, Hammer/Boomerang suits, that seems cool.

This looks useful.
AOSbrgU.jpg

Make it happen Nintendo.
O2Hmm0a.jpg

Mcmadness said:

I'm sorry, man, but I agree with Fawfulthegreat this time, since I really do want Luigi flaunting his electricity more.

Besides, that crap is in Mario Strikers games (Luigi's jersey in Super Mario Strikers, Luigi's Mega Strike in Strikers Charged), so it's not 100% exclusive to the "dang RPGs".

Mcmadness said:

I'm starting to think you have a thing for ftg. :P

Also how about a power up that lets you throw baseballs?

Favourite power-up would be the Penguin Suit, because penguins are awesome and so are the iceballs.

If Nintendo decides to go back to old 3D games where you couldn't stay underwater indefinitely, they could create a suit that allows you to do so.

Bleh. I don't know why I said that. I was in a foul mood and I was wrong to take it out on you.

Fawfulthegreat, I apologize.

I loved the blue shell in the original NSMB. Fun risk/reward thing.

Mcmadness said:
Bleh. I don't know why I said that. I was in a foul mood and I was wrong to take it out on you.

Fawfulthegreat, I apologize.
Wow thanks. I'll admit that I probably talk too much about the RPGs and wanting them represented. You're not the first one to point that out. I'll try to stop being so annoying about it. :)

Fawful said:
Wow thanks. I'll admit that I probably talk too much about the RPGs and wanting them represented. You're not the first one to point that out. I'll try to stop being so annoying about it. :)

And I should stop being such a negative nancy.

Back on topic. I think a Bowser suit would be amusing.

Back