Super Mario land 1 and 2 feel like such anomalies.

You should make a point to play em. At least the second one.

I will when I get the time :P

Good! Then you can experience the joy of the swimming cow fish

Glowsquid said:
I really could get behind a new Mario platformer by their successor (SPD 1). Aesthetically, it'd be a break from the stale pig*bleep* that is NSMB if nothing else.
Yeah, seeing fire-breathing seahorses, Chai Kingdom, the ball level in Mario's crotch, and mythical Chinese vampire/zombies would be a refreshing change of style.

Not that I've played the game, but I'd love a remake even.

A remake with extra levels added in would be cool. The original games were so short that many of its enemies and gimmicks were used about once or twice at most.

Hopefully this gets made and it reintroduces Tatanga into the Mario franchise, and he stays this time.

Also I gotta say, Super Mario Land 2's overworld theme is amazing.

I like the Chai Kingdom theme the best, but it could use a few extra notes like in the fan covers.

Wittgenstein said:
Hopefully this gets made and it reintroduces Tatanga into the Mario franchise, and he stays this time.

There is literally nothing of note to the guy at all. If it weren't for the fact he was a villain in a Mario game, nobody would care about him.

I wonder what you and ftg would think if tatanga was the main antagonist and bowser was the one-off.

That somebody has really screwed priorities at Nintendo. Well even more than usual.

Wittgenstein said:

Also I gotta say, Super Mario Land 2's overworld theme is amazing.

If only. Could have made sense to put him in Mario Galaxy game, he could be Rosalina's enemy and maybe steal lumas or something.

If find Super Mario Land one and two quite unique looking, and I used to think it was hard not to put Bowser's army on a Mario game.

Tatanga doesn't even have an army, according to the manual all the enemies you fight are just hypnotized citizens of Sarasaland. Heck due to his appearance as Wario's minion in the sequel, common fan theory is that his entire invasion of Sarasaland was just a diversion for Wario to take over Mario land.

Wittgenstein said:
Isn't it implied that Wario and Waluigi are brothers though? At least that's what I like to think.

Charles Martinet thought they were two bad guys who found each other

Wittgenstein said:
Isn't it implied that Wario and Waluigi are brothers though? At least that's what I like to think.

It always goes back and forth. Personally I don't see them as brothers.

Mcmadness said:
Tatanga doesn't even have an army, according to the manual all the enemies you fight are just hypnotized citizens of Sarasaland. Heck due to his appearance as Wario's minion in the sequel, common fan theory is that his entire invasion of Sarasaland was just a diversion for Wario to take over Mario land.
I didn't say anything like that, what I meant, was that they didn't put the actual minions of Bowser and it amazed me that their creativity was not limited.

I know, I just felt like saying that.

Fun fact: they were going to put in koopa troopas but they weren't able to program the shell being knocked around so they created boomba troopas (or whatever theyre called).

Bombshell Koopas.

I guess they worked around that limitation in the sequel.

Mario Party X said:
Glowsquid said:
I really could get behind a new Mario platformer by their successor (SPD 1). Aesthetically, it'd be a break from the stale pig*bleep* that is NSMB if nothing else.
Yeah, seeing fire-breathing seahorses, Chai Kingdom, the ball level in Mario's crotch, and mythical Chinese vampire/zombies would be a refreshing change of style.

I really don't want a "new Super Mario Land". I would merely like to see a game by the modern SPD 1.

What does SPD 1 make nowadays anyway?

Back