Goomba appreciation thread.

It's always boring until you beat World 1. Coincidentally, there also happen to be few goombas afterwards.

Mcmadness said:
Magikrazy said:
It's not fair that Goombas only get the baseball games when Koopa Troopa has been kart racing and tennis playing since day 1.

Its because they have limbs.

have you ever played the baseball titles?

goombas display rather potent telekinetic powers.

Peter Sam said:
have you ever played the baseball titles?

goombas display rather potent telekinetic powers.

I mentioned it on the first page, and yes I have.

I was just stating what is presumably the developer's excuse.

Mcmadness said:
Magikrazy said:
It's not fair that Goombas only get the baseball games when Koopa Troopa has been kart racing and tennis playing since day 1.

Its because they have limbs.
Maybe goombas do not have hands, but perhaps they could lean forward, put the steering wheel in their overly large mouths, and drive away.

If Goomba can play baseball, he can certainly drive a kart, play tennis and hit dice blocks. I support Goomba to be playable in more spinoffs.

I support Goombas being playable in Mario Kart 9. If you think Goombella should be in first, then you don't get the point of Goombas at all. They're supposed to be basic enemies that can take on many roles and settings, and I think that Nintendo's approach to creating them was ingenious.

And you know, when you think about it Goombario and Goombella make a ton of sense. They are your basic partners that you get early on and can work with until the end, and they make since as tattlers since Goombas are so adaptable and have seen many of the series' enemies in all of the places that they've been.

Lumastar said:
I support Goombas being playable in Mario Kart 9. If you think Goombella should be in first, the you don't get the point of Goombas at all. They're supposed to be basic enemies that can take on many roles and settings, and I think that Nintendo's approach to creating them was ingenious.

lol goombella wouldnt happen regardless

not a whole lot of rpg representation in the franchise to begin with

An oldie but still entertaining.

:goomba: :goomba: :goomba: :goomba: :goomba:

Lumastar said:
I'm not opposed to RPG characters being playable in certain spin-offs, but the Paper Mario partners wouldn't really work since they would stand out in the wrong way without everyone being there. That's why someone like Fawful would work, but someone like Goombella wouldn't.
Yeah, generic enemies work better because they represent the species as a whole.

I'd rather have Peasley.

Magikrazy said:
Lumastar said:
I'm not opposed to RPG characters being playable in certain spin-offs, but the Paper Mario partners wouldn't really work since they would stand out in the wrong way without everyone being there. That's why someone like Fawful would work, but someone like Goombella wouldn't.
Yeah, generic enemies work better because they represent the species as a whole.

I'd rather have Peasley.
Me, too! Or how about Rawk Hawk?

Lumastar said:
Magikrazy said:
Lumastar said:

I'd rather have Peasley.
Or Starlow!

Megamario15 said:
Lumastar said:
Magikrazy said:
Lumastar said:

I'd rather have Peasley.
Or Starlow!
Of Rawk Hawk!

Eh, I'd pass on Starlow, only because she's too small. Maybe they could include her with Dreambert, like Rosalina had the Luma in MKWii.

Stanley the Troll said:
Eh, I'd pass on Starlow, only because she's too small. Maybe they could include her with Dreambert, like Rosalina had the Luma in MKWii.

Honey Queen is too big.

I didn't like Honey Queen either, but size wasn't a factor in that. I'm actually starting to warm up to Honey Queen now that we have Pink Gold Peach.

Not seeing a lot of goomba appreciation here.

Back