Goomba appreciation thread.

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
142px-Goomba_Stack_SM3DL.png

As anyone who knows anything about me, Goombas are my favourite minion species whatever in the entire franchise, they serve a simple but important purpose to the series and have appeared in countless games.

I love these guys. No arms, no limbs, barely a body beyond their head but they are determined and in groups can be quite dangerous.

So I made this thread as a salute to these wonderful pint sized funguses.

they need to be playable in mario kart. they're long overdue.

Baby Luigi said:

Either driving with its teeth or using its baseball telekinesis.

Mcmadness said:
Baby Luigi said:

Either driving with its teeth or using its baseball telekinesis.

the driver wheel doesn't even animate in the first place. not even mario kart 8 the vehicle has animation for the driver wheel. lol

latest

It could totally work!

In fact they should be playable in other things as well, strikers, MP, Mario tennis, mario golf, etc etc.

Nysic said:
the "no arms" argument is completely invalid
Why is this argument still going on?

I mean...what?

Mario Party X said:
Why is this argument still going on?

I mean...what?

People just want to hold back the underdogs.

Not the biggest Goomba fan but I would have no objections to their playable appearance in Kart or any other spinoffs, they've certainly earned it.

Mario Party X said:
Not before Goomba.

I'll take a never and just have Goomba instead of that guy.

I like all of the rpgs, doesn't mean I want them in.

I'm not getting into this crap again, regular Goomba or bust.

why aren't they selectable side-kicks in mario strikes is beyond me

Goombas are great. They absolutely need to be in more things. Preferably before yet another variation of Mario or the people who are already regulars.

Stanley the Troll said:
Goombario for Mario Kart 9

Goombario was such a snooze. Goombella trumps him any day of the week.

I'd take Goombella too. Anything but a regular run-of-the-mill enemy. Goombas are cool as enemies, but not as characters unless they are set apart from the generic ones somehow. That's why I want their Mario Kart debut to be Goombario or Goombella.

Goombas were added in because they needed a simple enemy than a koopa.

Stanley the Troll said:
I'd take Goombella too. Anything but a regular run-of-the-mill enemy. Goombas are cool as enemies, but not as characters unless they are set apart from the generic ones somehow. That's why I want their Mario Kart debut to be Goombario or Goombella.

Well, the characters in Mario Kart aren't really "characters" to begin with. They're just playing the role of racer avatar.

I'm ok with regular Goomba being in a game like that. Mostly because Goombas go too unappreciated in general, so a stand-in for all of them being in the game would make for a good push in the other direction.

It's not fair that Goombas only get the baseball games when Koopa Troopa has been kart racing and tennis playing since day 1.

Magikrazy said:
It's not fair that Goombas only get the baseball games when Koopa Troopa has been kart racing and tennis playing since day 1.

Its because they have limbs.

Back