Best things of the Mario series.

my opinion on plot has nothing to do with this conversation. They are niche characters, they generally don't reappear, even with their own series, and their personality means fuck all because they never really express themselves in most of the spin offs.

Mcmadness said:
my opinion on plot has nothing to do with this conversation. They are niche characters, they generally don't reappear, even with their own series, and their personality means fuck all because they never really express themselves in most of the spin offs.
Quoting what you said without going through the big quote on an iPad:
Also you have asked that question DOZENS UPON DOZENS of times already and you've been given several dozen reasons as to why. Get the fuck over it already.

Using this logic, you have been sprouting your opinion out like it's a fact and bashing others dozens of times, and we've been telling you things dozens of times. (i know this sentence doesn't make sense, but i can't type well today (idk why) and you probably understand what i mean)

Also, you didn't really answer my question. What does the word "obsession" mean? Give me a definition, I think you might not be using it correctly (then again, I can't tell over some sentences on the Internet).

After you give me a definition, I'm done here. I hate arguing, and it seems I argue with you every single day. It's not good for me to argue every single day, as it makes me very stressed out in the real world. Not to mention I'm wasting my battery on someone who clearly won't change their mind.

I was refering to not just me but other instances where other people besides just me have explained this same thing as well to him on why these characters are niche and won't be appearing again.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/obsession

As I've said before, I feel that if the RPG characters appear more, they will become another boring character. That's what happened to Baby Peach, at least.

Was Baby Peach even that interesting to begin with?

Mcmadness said:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/obsession
It's a good little definition, but it's missing a few parts that I've learned from household issues. Obsession means you can't eat, you can't sleep, you can't do anything other than that.
I know this is unrelated, but the C in OCD stands for complusion, where if you aren't able to do your obsession, you begin to have withdrawal symptoms, which means you could kill someone or harm them because they took it away from you.

... I don't even know why I haven't stated my own opinion yet lol

The best things for me of the Mario series aren't usually the big up-in-your-face things. They're the smaller things. Like how the background in 3D World blurs are you get farther away from it, and gets clearer as you near it? The little tiny things, like how they animated the stars. And if there were a subtle story, it would be a minor, little thing that's really great.

The little things are all special, because you don't notice them right away, but when you do it's spectacular.

Rosalina and Luma said:
Like how the background in 3D World blurs are you get farther away from it, and gets clearer as you near it?

That's called "depth of field", it's not a technique exclusive to Mario games....far from it. Sometimes, it is used to cover up lower quality models and draw distance. However, using it badly...like in Super Mario 3D World...just looks bad just like the bloom effects in some levels of the game.

Mcmadness said:
my opinion on plot has nothing to do with this conversation. They are niche characters, they generally don't reappear, even with their own series, and their personality means *bleep* all because they never really express themselves in most of the spin offs.
I think characters are MOST expressive in the spinoffs, actually.

? Block said:
Rosalina and Luma said:
Like how the background in 3D World blurs are you get farther away from it, and gets clearer as you near it?

That's called "depth of field", it's not a technique exclusive to Mario games....far from it. Sometimes, it is used to cover up lower quality models and draw distance. However, using it badly...like in Super Mario 3D World...just looks bad just like the bloom effects in some levels of the game.
I was implying that it was also a little thing. I knew other series used it, I just said no one really notices at first, and when they do they're like "oh" or something.

i also forgot what it was called so thank you

Rosalina and Luma said:
? Block said:
Rosalina and Luma said:

I was implying that it was also a little thing. I knew other series used it, I just said no one really notices at first, and when they do they're like "oh" or something.

i also forgot what it was called so thank you

Well yes, it's a little thing, but it's very jarring when used incorrectly, such as in parts of Super Mario 3D World (the nightmares of Sprawling Savanna's draw distance and depth of field is coming back to me)

Back